Mk1 Leon Cupra TDI Track Daily

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Little tests on the subframe. Trying to remove as little metal as possible and give enough to build off for reinforcement

20220305_122523.jpg

That bridge piece needed some beating to move out of the way. My thinking is to plate over with 3mm to get back lost strength.

Ordered a Mk3 Leon Cupra N/S driveshaft to see how it measures up as the internet parts places reckon it's going to be close. We'll see

Last edited:
Reactions: VT86
Dec 21, 2022
Done more digging about and one of the downsides of this is the ABS may throw a wobbly as the Mk3 TT etc stuff uses hall effect sensors rather than inductive. This is a bridge to cross when I get to it.

Driveshafts...bolt pattern looks to be about right but I can't find reliable info on lengths 😫 Some things says they are similar (depending on model) some say not, it's very confusing. May have to take the gamble on eBay again
Awesome build mate. Did you figure out the abs problem yet ? I'm also using newer hub asembly and they also use the hall effect sensor. I'm not there either yet with the build but thought I asked how your coming along with it.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Thanks. There's two ways I'm thinking of going.

Hard way: Upgrade the ABS pump etc so it can run the hall effect sensors. Hopefully this can be made to work with the CCM but I've not tested it yet.

Easy way (which I've seen others do): Delete the ABS completely

Dec 21, 2022
Thanks. There's two ways I'm thinking of going.

Hard way: Upgrade the ABS pump etc so it can run the hall effect sensors. Hopefully this can be made to work with the CCM but I've not tested it yet.

Easy way (which I've seen others do): Delete the ABS completely
Thanks for your reply. Time will tell wich way to go I guess. I keep checking in on your project

Reactions: MoToJoJo

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Been a while but have been chipping away at the project. Did a little research on ABS

Here's the connector from an MQB car (Mk3 Octavia)

20230325_110547.jpg
20230325_110540.jpg
20230325_110552.jpg

Not even close to the one in the Leon. Now for one from a PQ35 car (Mk2 A3) which runs a more up to date version the the Mk60 ABS in the Leon.

20230325_110618.jpg
20230325_111128.jpg

As far as I can tell there are two extra wires and that's it. At a guess, these are probably the speed output for the dash but I'll need to do a little more research first.

The theory is that because it's Mk60 the wiring should be very straightforward and coding it into the car should also be simple (as far as coding anything in goes).

Reactions: Leon1m
Dec 21, 2022
Been a while but have been chipping away at the project. Did a little research on ABS

Here's the connector from an MQB car (Mk3 Octavia)

View attachment 36176 View attachment 36177 View attachment 36178

Not even close to the one in the Leon. Now for one from a PQ35 car (Mk2 A3) which runs a more up to date version the the Mk60 ABS in the Leon.

View attachment 36179 View attachment 36180

As far as I can tell there are two extra wires and that's it. At a guess, these are probably the speed output for the dash but I'll need to do a little more research first.

The theory is that because it's Mk60 the wiring should be very straightforward and coding it into the car should also be simple (as far as coding anything in goes).
Great progress mate

Reactions: MoToJoJo
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.