Wheel Power = 200.0 bhp
Drag = 46.5 bhp
Torque = 252 lbf-ft

Still running the SMIC and 1.1bar. :D

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
Why do Star calculate losses so much higher than most other rolling roads?
They can give very misleading flywheel figures due to this.

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
I thought JBS read low losses at around 25bhp but Awesome (Dynojet) read even lower at 10-15bhp.
Jim Cotton (Awesome GTI) posted a very good explanation why losses are so low and why theres no way that you will lose as much power as you are seeing.

scrob

M3 Driver
Well done anyway chief 200 atw is good going, my yock put out 165 atw although with totally inadequate blowers and after sitting idling red hot on a sunny day for 15mins :hide:

Times at Crail show she performs on the road too!

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
scrob said:
Well done anyway chief

cheers mate ;)

Gary if you are questioning the RR results give Jim Curley a phone and ask him why his losses are so high. Even better go and try the rollers for yourself.

I wasn't asking for your opinion, just posting my results!" Dave's Ibiza Cupra R made 182BHP which is bang on for a standard car, so rollers are spot on. Maha is a real dyno, not like the Dynojet crap

10-15bhp - Dynojet RR, what great reputation that has..... :lol:

Last edited:

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
cuprabaz said:
Gary if you are questioning the RR results give Jim Cotton a phone and ask him why his losses are so high. Even better go and try the rollers for yourself.

Im not questioning your results - 200whp is about right and must be great in an Ibiza.

Flywheel figures mean nothing anyway.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I think Gary simply posted an enquiry, he didn't say Star were wrong or run **** rollers. Which is what you have just said about Dynojet.

In my opinion, which does count as a lot here as I run the place, you should wind your neck in, and stop being so defensive, if you don't want people to discuss, debate or comment on your results, its simple, don't post them.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise