Just cleaned, Polished and Waxed, how does it thank me..... :(

John99041

Apr 15, 2012
Hi all,

I've just spend a good part of the day giving my 06 Fr a good clean, polish and wax and in return all but the drivers window have decided to stop working ......

The drivers window goes up and down but has lost the one touch feature, none of the other windows will work either from the drivers door controls or from each windows own switch.

I've check the footwells to make sure that no water has got in, which It doesn't seem to have, I've also checked the wiring at each door which seems fine.
If I put the side lights on then each of the window switches light up.

I've noticed once or twice before that the drives side one touch has disappeared but when it has happened the next time I've driven the car it's been back again

I'm guessing its not going to be a fuse as the drivers side works, could be a relay but I'm not sure which one/where it would be?

Oh and I've also disconnected the battery for a min or two but that didn't help either

Any ideas?

Thanks
John

John99041

Apr 15, 2012
Electric windows - only drivers window works after it rains....

Any one have any ideas? It's happened again today after the rain so I'm guessing water is getting in somewhere but all the carpet is dry..... Once it's dried out it normally works again but it can't be doing anything any good?

As before only the drivers window works, but lost the one touch.

Thanks

Last edited:

John99041

Apr 15, 2012
I've had a look and everything looks fine, I know in heavy rain the drivers door seal has let a drip or two in as I noticed it on my leg when driving once, but as the drivers door is the only one that works I'm guessing its not that?

On what my be a related note, I noticed that I've lost some coolant, it was well below the min this morning, if I'm honest I've not had to touch it in the 18 months I've had he car so don't check the level as often as I should... :( can't see any water in the engine bay, if I had a small leak where the pipes go to the heater matrix, could that cause it? I'm assuming that the windows are controlled by the convenience module? Is that up under the dash near the matrix?

Thanks,

John

John99041

Apr 15, 2012
Wind the window all the way up and keep holding the switch up for about 15 seconds once its up. That'll reset the switch and hey presto, problem solved.

Thanks, problem is when they don't work they don't work at all e.g. Can't open or close any window apart from the drivers side so wouldn't be able wind it up at all :(

Thanks

John