Just fitted a dash cam in my Cupra 280

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Just double checked and it's defiantly a mini USB.
I'm not sure how easy it would be to get it behind the glove box and through the a pillar.

It is very easy to get to the fuse box from the A pilar, there is a trim panel on the end of the dash (visible when the door is open) remove this and you are pretty much into the fuse box.

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Good thread, after my recent incident I am definitely convinced of the merits of these.
Couple of questions, I have the lane assist which means whacking great plastic bit behind the rear view mirror so the cam will be quite low down screen - not clear from the picture if all leons have this?
Also if you hard wire the cam does this constitute a modification in the eyes of the insurance companies ?

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Just double checked and it's a mini USB.

Distance between the camera and fuse box, via the a pillar is about 170cm. Obviously, probably best to get a bit longer, I'm not sure how easy it would be to get it behind the glove box and through the a pillar.

Hope that helps!

Cheers for the info, I now have all of the bits needed apart from the car :)

chrishale

May 31, 2010
Manchester, UK
Good thread, after my recent incident I am definitely convinced of the merits of these.
Couple of questions, I have the lane assist which means whacking great plastic bit behind the rear view mirror so the cam will be quite low down screen - not clear from the picture if all leons have this?
Also if you hard wire the cam does this constitute a modification in the eyes of the insurance companies ?

Not sure about the lane assist (I don't have that upgrade), but good point about the insurance. I just rang mine to ask if there would be any difference to my policy (with Admiral), and they said it would be £17 and a few pence extra for the remaining 7 months cover :doh:.

Last edited:

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
I found a piccy of the fuse box that StevenM posted on another thread.

143DCFAF-1026-43FA-87F0-352697B7FF84_zpsmnrkrhoe.jpg~320x480

I plan to piggy back the 20A yellow fuse which I believe is the cigarette lighter.

Going to use:
A 2m USB A to mini B cable
Hard wired 15W 12V to USB 5V adaptor
2A ATO fuse
Add a fuse adaptor

rootbeer

Apr 9, 2014
Hidden my cable in headliner and a-pillar but I seem to be having interference in DAB radio. Probably just change in weather, anyone else?

Don't think will hard wire as don't really use cig lighter anyway and if needed could buy a double adapter to have two things plugged in together

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise