Just Ordered Leon SC FR 1.4

Toon

drives a Leon 1.8DSG
Mar 25, 2014
South East
From a distance I couldn't really see much difference between the solid white and Nevada white and neither could the salesman, it was only when I got up close. In the end I went for the metallic as I was told the solid was more susceptible to chipping. No idea if that's true BTW.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
In the end I went for the metallic as I was told the solid was more susceptible to chipping. No idea if that's true BTW.

Not sure that is true anymore

Even solid colours are now lacquered just like metalics due to the EU regs making them use water based colour coats.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Not sure that is true anymore

Even solid colours are now lacquered just like metalics due to the EU regs making them use water based colour coats.

That is true, but after years of emocion red and plenty chips, I changed to Phantom black (metallic) two years ago, on my second car this colour and no chips so far. Also using the genuine touch up stick on the red left a still visible repair, while a test match on the bottom inside of the door on the black was invisible. The metallic is much more durable, I even have black metallic on the CBF after years of red, no chips at 4 plus years old.

Last edited:

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
Ordered Nevada White and Performance Alloys also, Dealer says i could have it in 3-4 weeks but going to hold off until the 1st of March for the new reg.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.