Keyed bonnet

leeburton1986

Some jealous C**T decided to key my car this morning.

Not even had it a month.

What do you think it will cost to fix?

tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hwdno&s=8

Put the link in your browser to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Ba***rd's
How bad is it, as I had a keyed side once, and fixed it myself with touch up paint till scratch was filled. Then rubbed down with Tcut/Colour Magic and after many hours of work it was almost invisible even right up at the car.

leeburton1986

Im a stupid newbie and it wouldnt let me post a proper pic, but if you put that tinypic url in it should come up. Doesnt look too deep but dont think my fat and unskilled hands could do it.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
you can localise the colour to the scratch then lacquer the full bonnet, if its brand new there should be no stone chips to do this roughly 100-150 if the wing needs blending for coulour which is possible add another 45-60 on

jake

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Here you are . So sorry:

2hwdno.jpg

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
If that is Phantom Black, it is the very colour I fixed on my last Biza Cupra with a SEAT touch up pen till the scratch was filled, then left a couple of days and the overpaint then rubbed down with T-Cut. Repeated this over a period of days and then polished with Turtlewax Colour Magic and was almost invisible, have a go, you can only make it better. PS when I traded in the car the dealer never even spotted the repaired wing.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Few hundred pound that for a proper job, I think I would want the whole bonnet doing to save seeing where its been blowed in. I fail to see the mentality of some folk today.

Mar 13, 2011
Gutting. What do these cretins get out of doing something like this? A violent painful death is too good for them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Sorry to hear that matey as it is so annoying on a new or old car.
Even more so when you take the effort to keep it nice and someone comes along and takes a second to ruin it :(

That scratch could still be accidental and not on purpose though.
Still not right either way and I hope you get it sorted easily and does not cost too much :)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Bloody hell mate sorry to see that. GF had a previous Leon keyed ( both passenger doors) when that was only two weeks old, know how you feel. Ended up going through the insurance on that as had quotes for £800 - £1000. I'd strangle the jealous cunits [:@] hope you get it sorted.

leeburton1986

Thanks all for your kind words and Dephead2004 for putting the pic up for me.. Still gutted, and what if I fix it and some bell end just does it again.

Going to have a go with the Halfords touch up paint first and see how it goes, failing that, I spoke to SEAT and they reckon around £390 for a bonnet respray.

Very frustrated.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Can I suggest you get the SEAT touch up paint stick for £10. The colour match will be better than anything Halfords can achieve and so you'll be starting off with more of a chance of an invisible repair

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
So sorry for you mate. There's some right nasty beggars about.

My phantom black ST took a whack from an idiot on a roundabout, leaving it with a nasty scrape right down the rear wing when it was a week old. At the time Seat wanted £460 to repair it.

After much deliberation I figured I had nothing to lose and did the unthinkable... I rang Chipsaway. For £160 it was returned to as new condition. Others on here will probably tell you not to, but I'd give them a ring mate. You honestly cannot tell mine was ever damaged, and it had taken a fair whack from a transit van. You haven't got anything to lose by having a chat with them. If you decide to go elsewhere or do it yourself at least they'll be able to advise you on how best to do it!

Good luck getting it sorted, whatever you decide. I know how gutted you must be, but good results don't have to cost a fortune.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
So sorry for you mate. There's some right nasty beggars about.

My phantom black ST took a whack from an idiot on a roundabout, leaving it with a nasty scrape right down the rear wing when it was a week old. At the time Seat wanted £460 to repair it.

After much deliberation I figured I had nothing to lose and did the unthinkable... I rang Chipsaway. For £160 it was returned to as new condition. Others on here will probably tell you not to, but I'd give them a ring mate. You honestly cannot tell mine was ever damaged, and it had taken a fair whack from a transit van. You haven't got anything to lose by having a chat with them. If you decide to go elsewhere or do it yourself at least they'll be able to advise you on how best to do it!

Good luck getting it sorted, whatever you decide. I know how gutted you must be, but good results don't have to cost a fortune.

Could not agree more with you, chipsaway are brilliant , used them and others like dents8 on a number of occassions in the past and you cannot see the repair. Even put me onto a bodyshop on a repair they could not do and they were very reasonable as well.

askew

Aug 6, 2014
Yup, I had ChipsAway sort my off-side wheel arch I'd posted in another thread. £120 and right as rain.

SJamG

Oct 2, 2011
Have to agree with the guys above, ChipsAway were fantastic when repairing the front of my golf (bumper was badly scuffed and plastic cracked)....like new! Highly recommend them!

Sorry to see this, makes me feel :censored: sick! Hope you get it sorted without it costing the earth!

leeburton1986

** UPDATE **

Fixed guys, took it to a nice guy near where I live, said a complete respray would be €500 but he said for €15 he could try and polish it out.....

Well, it worked!! Very happy; lets hope it doesnt happen again.

Thanks for all the advice and words of support.

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
I really do sympathise with you mate. Over the last 3 weeks, I've had mine keyed a few times:
1. Along rear driver's side door
2. Boot to bonnet driver's side
3. Boot to bonnet passenger's side

Bit overcast today and the colour of the car doesn't help, but here are a few pics:

d032d920b36e3ceacb1b984f2cdbc088.jpg

9f1f807cde0c5f5e3bb96336290e6aa9.jpg

e4e7764ef33220910260f8d7751a442f.jpg

68a5095efe4ed816dd43fd9168478732.jpg

And I had some sort of cleaning chemical poured on the windscreen and driver's side front wing/bonnet. Strangely, this chemical did no visible damage. "So how do you know it was done then, Rich?", you may ask. There was a strong white spirit smell in the cabin after starting in the morning. Didn't twig that anything was wrong until I got home from work and the smell was still strong. Smelled all around the front of the car and it was unmistakable. Looked on the floor where my car was parked as well and there was a drying puddle of the same-smell liquid on the floor.

Anyway, I'm not going to even attempt to get mine fixed until I get CCTV fitted because they will just don't again. I have my suspicions of who it might be and they wouldn't think twice about performing this cowardly act again as soon as it was fixed.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members