keyless Entry Fault

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
It’s not 110 mph it’s kph.
Not sure why but this is a common infotainment fault across VAG for RHD cars that sometimes show the speed in KPH.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Another thing it does is randomly sync climate temperature to the left side when pressing the Sync button, as if it were an LHD vehicle. Very odd how these things can change even during the same driving session.

On that note, the “Sync” function seems to last about 5 minutes before it disables itself - absolutely daft...

In general also, the infotainment screen is set up for LHD vehicles with climate controls on the left side during CarPlay for example.

Reactions: Stonepope

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
I picked up my Formentor yesterday morning and have already had a couple times that I couldn’t open the car using the keyless entry. I have keyless entry on my Seat Ibiza for the last two years and never had an issue with it. At one point I couldn’t even open the boot by hand even though the car was unlocked so had to open the boot using the button on the key fob. I had the 110mph speed limit show on the. Dash board but happy to say the acc worked correctly. My car that was built on the 6th April has software version 1790 and my Formentor is a VZ2 310ps.
Have you tested the ACC on the motorway yet? Let us know if you have issues when overtaking cars, often it will slow you down. Again, issue is that it appears to be set up for LHD, but (again) only sometimes!! 😖

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
It’s not 110 mph it’s kph.
Not sure why but this is a common infotainment fault across VAG for RHD cars that sometimes show the speed in KPH.
It is 110 mph that shows as the speed as you also get a red marker displayed on the speedometer showing the speed. When it happened to me yesterday I was driving at 68 mph on the M25 so if it changed to kph the speedometer would have changed also. On the same journey my car displayed 90 and 45.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
It is 110 mph that shows as the speed as you also get a red marker displayed on the speedometer showing the speed. When it happened to me yesterday I was driving at 68 mph on the M25 so if it changed to kph the speedometer would have changed also. On the same journey my car displayed 90 and 45.
To be honest I’m basing my “assumption” on the following, 110kph is pretty much the euro equivalent of our 70 mph, likewise 90 vs our 60 and 45 vs our 30. I was made aware of this on numerous Octavia forums where they have this issue also, the car software still appears to have LHD ghosts in the machine. See also issues with aircon sync and also some issues with ACC overtaking of cars on the left. (Although in some cases the latter can be caused by people turning lane assist off, which affects ACC performance)
That’s my theory and what it is based on, but you could also be right, but I would then question why the car was selecting such random mph markers to suddenly start throwing up on the dash.🤷🏻‍♂️ ✌🏼

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
No, speedo doesn't change to km. Only sign display is showing in km. So you may see often: 45, 80, 110.

It also randomly picks up speed limits from nowhere, showing 40 when it's 50 on the road and there was no sign to read incorrect speed.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Have you tested the ACC on the motorway yet? Let us know if you have issues when overtaking cars, often it will slow you down. Again, issue is that it appears to be set up for LHD, but (again) only sometimes!! 😖
Hi do you have lane assist active when the car does this?

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
No, speedo doesn't change to km. Only sign display is showing in km. So you may see often: 45, 80, 110.

It also randomly picks up speed limits from nowhere, showing 40 when it's 50 on the road and there was no sign to read incorrect speed.
Ah ok, what I described is a known fault elsewhere, but this looks like it’s part that and part something more.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021

I would assume it uses satnav data for this.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I'm not entirely sure how it works together. Whether there are embedded speed limits in the map or car is supposed to pick up speed limit from signs. Or both: embedded speed limits are used when camera is not operational or reading anything?

I used speed signs in the middle of the dash for one day, until I realised it's totally off and switched to different view.

I trust my eyes more than the car, that shows random speeds or picks up limit from side road or sticker on a lorry.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021

Ah ok, what I described is a known fault elsewhere, but this looks like it’s part that and part something more
I had lane assist on when it happened.
Hmm it’s an odd one isn’t it. I only ask as I’ve seen this on the Octavia forums and one thing that caused it was people weren’t happy about the “aggressive” Lane Assist so switched it off. This seemed to throw the ACC, but it sorted itself when Lane Assist was re-engaged. Hopefully the software updates are moving the car towards a glitch free product.
I’m hoping that by the time my car gets built / arrives mid July, the latest software being installed will have moved more in that direction. 👍🏼

Reactions: IanH72

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Hi do you have lane assist active when the car does this?
Yep, but this isn't related. The dash shows image of a car to the left when slowing the car. Now in my previous Golf this would occur if you were 'undertaking' a car on your right in, say, slow moving traffic on the motorway - understandable. Hence it appears set up incorrectly for RHD model

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I paid extra attention to it yesterday. I did 300-350 miles. Car switched road sign display to km on specific road, both ways. As soon, as there was sign on a road, it read it and switched back to mph. So switching to road signs in km might be related to missing information on the map and inability to find signs to read.

When sign was showing in km, then ACC was discovering cars on the left. So it's definitely related to each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stonepope

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
I paid extra attention to it yesterday. I did 300-350 miles. Car switched road sign display to km on specific road, both ways. As soon, as there was sign, it read it and switched back to mph. So switching to road signs in km might be related to missing information on the map and inability to find signs to read.

When sign was showing in km, then ACC was discovering cars on the left. So it's definitely related to each other.
Thanks for that, great specifics. Definitely a car wrestling with its LHD roots.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Makes me wonder how it decides to switch between road signs and sat nav data for speed limit. Does it expect to see a speed limit sign within a certain amount of time/distance from the last?

Or maybe every time the road changes it looks for another sign, and if not visible defaults to sat nav speed limits.

However it decides them, it does seem like it’s converting built-in known speed limits to km/h equivalents...

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
That's a question for system designer. I will check street view on Google, to see if there was any speed sign when the car switched to 110. It was A46 near Leicester, but only part between certain roundabout and another junction.

Sometimes, when I switch igniton at home, I see 45 instead of last sign of 30, which is probably half a mile away. Maybe system times out?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
What Agnes described sounds like they built the car for LHD (makes sense) but forgot that when you are in a RHD country, fallbacking to satnav data should still use mph and allow overtaking on the right. It's like they forgot that specific part of the software.

I urge you guys to report this to Cupra - perhaps they can push an update that will solve this for your RHD cars. Imagine a bunch of engineers in Wolfsburg working on their software, none of them drive a RHD car and probably never find these type of bugs. It's appalling that it happens but best to try and resolve it.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
What Agnes described sounds like they built the car for LHD (makes sense) but forgot that when you are in a RHD country, fallbacking to satnav data should still use mph and allow overtaking on the right. It's like they forgot that specific part of the software.

I urge you guys to report this to Cupra - perhaps they can push an update that will solve this for your RHD cars. Imagine a bunch of engineers in Wolfsburg working on their software, none of them drive a RHD car and probably never find these type of bugs. It's appalling that it happens but best to try and resolve it.
Tried reporting the issue to Cupra HQ, but they're insisting on me booking it in with a dealer. I've said they won't have a scooby, but they said its the only route to getting this resolved. Not enough of a concern for me to do that, as otherwise I have no issues and the car is spot on.

Reactions: Peyton

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
I paid extra attention to it yesterday. I did 300-350 miles. Car switched road sign display to km on specific road, both ways. As soon, as there was sign on a road, it read it and switched back to mph. So switching to road signs in km might be related to missing information on the map and inability to find signs to read.

Good call.
Have you had a chance to use it with the speed detection off? I wonder if this would confirm the theory...