Knock Knock......who's there?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Reet chaps,

About a year ago my car started to make a new unwanted noise whenever I travel on an uneven/bumpy/potholed road.

Since the noise started it has passed two MOT's and I even took it to a garage who put it on their car shaker (no idea what its proper name is) and the mechanic inspected everything that he thought would be the cause of this noise. He found nothing wrong.

Noise is now getting slightly worse after a year.

To me it simply sounds like a bush has gone or is worn and two metal parts are banging against each other. The noise is loudest when one edge of the road is flat/smooth and the other edge is bumpy. I can feel something knocking under my feet if I rest my feet off the peddles. Noise seems (really hard to tell though) from both driver and passenger side.

Car has got KW coilovers and Neuspeed ARB's front and rear.

I'm now at a loss, and the only option I have is to get it checked out with an inspection fee. But before I possibly do this can anyone shed any light or give me tips to work out what it is.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
All the suspension components are quite cheap. Drop links are the easiest to change.

I'm fitting my coilovers soon and changing it all wishbone bushes, wheel bearing, drop links and top mounts and bearings as with yours there properly orginals

shakzTDI

Feb 3, 2013
The noise is hard to find and still there i put new rack bushes arb bushes and links t.rods amd wishbones spring shocks and top mounts all genuine no joy:( turn the radio up but its still there

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
All the suspension components are quite cheap. Drop links are the easiest to change.

I'm fitting my coilovers soon and changing it all wishbone bushes, wheel bearing, drop links and top mounts and bearings as with yours there properly orginals

the wheel bearings aren't being changed
I'd say droplinks is the culprit

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.