Knock

Oct 21, 2020
Hi guys, today I noticed I get a knock from the right side of the engine, but only until the engine is warmed and when I Rev it, it disappears. Should I be scared?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Oct 21, 2020
I don't know. I've never met your wife?

Oh, the noise! Sorry, I no idea. Is it random knocking or fast/repeating?
It's like never the same, today I heard it for the first time and I almost shat my pants haha, but it disappeared quickly, if it was rod knock or something, I would hear it under load or it wouldn't have disappeared, right?

Oct 21, 2020
Okay, I just started the car after letting it to really cool down and the sound disappeared completely, maybe it was just me being too paranoid, bc the past few days were teribble, but if anybody has sense what that could have been, feel free to tell me
Cheers

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
.. if anybody has sense what that could have been, feel free to tell me
Two dealers have failed to identify a rattle on my car when standing right next to the damn thing! What chance do we have?

Oct 21, 2020
Well, did you atleast get rid of it, or is it still there?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi guys, today I noticed I get a knock from the right side of the engine, but only until the engine is warmed and when I Rev it, it disappears. Should I be scared?

The right side from what reference point - as if you're sat in the drivers seat looking forward or standing in front of your engine looking back?
The gearbox can make a rattle/knock sound when its cold, this would go away when you put your foot on the clutch and gearbox oil change helps.

Oct 21, 2020
The right side from what reference point - as if you're sat in the drivers seat looking forward or standing in front of your engine looking back?
The gearbox can make a rattle/knock sound when its cold, this would go away when you put your foot on the clutch and gearbox oil change helps.
I couldn't hear it from the inside and I was standing on the right side of the car, I couldn't hear it from the left, but 2 days passed and no rattle since then

Oct 21, 2020
So the drive belt side of the engine.
Alternator pulley? AC compressor?
Actually I thought it could have been from the AC Compressor because it was maxed at that time, but it stopped and I have never listened diesel car so carefully haha, but thank you guys