Knocking noise from engine

Nov 27, 2022
Hi all, I have a Seat Ibiza Cupra 2011 model which has a really bad knocking noise from the top of the engine? It doesn’t miss fire or smoke, at first t thought it was the chain tensioner but I’m sure its coming from the top of the engine? Is this a common fault and any ideas what it could be?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
There is probably plenty scope for bad sounding knocking coming from the top of your twincharger engine, might just be a worn high pressure fuel pump "tappet" thing, ie the metal thing between the camshaft and the pump.

Reactions: dazl1212
Apr 24, 2023
There is probably plenty scope for bad sounding knocking coming from the top of your twincharger engine, might just be a worn high pressure fuel pump "tappet" thing, ie the metal thing between the camshaft and the pump.
I've actually got a new one of them, also called a cam follower for hpfp isn't it?

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
If the cam follower is so badly worn you can hear knocking, it's probably done some damage inside the pump.

Apr 24, 2023
If the cam follower is so badly worn you can hear knocking, it's probably done some damage inside the pump.
I have a similar issue with my 1.2 Tsi.

It's all on here.