Knocking Noise From Front Passenger Side

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
My Car has developed a nasty knocking noise.

Its coming from the front passenger side. It was happening now and again, quick a solid knock but now its almost constant, but not so "harsh"

obviously going to look asap, and not use the car untill its sorted. (which means this weekends RR day is out the window)

Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

About 2weeks ago i had FK coilies fitted and an FK front antiroll bar. I got the tracking and camber done the following day and it was all tracked etc OK.

Any ideas?

Mark

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
definately not too low for your ARB? Check driveshaft/arb clearance - and see if theres any shiny rub marks on either. Strange as its usually the drivers side that has problems first.

perhaps check cv boot/gaiter as well, just in case.

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
I had this noise at my first MOT, it was my n/s lower ball joint, maybe it was banged about when the coilovers were fitted.

Mine starter by doing it every now and again, and got quite constant, once changed, all quiet again (excluding creaks) !!!

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
its the fk coilies, seems the top mount is brokedid. need to get it looked at this week to see if broken, damaged, lose or whatever. annoying, cos i need a car everyday!!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
not good mate. Seems us hants peeps aint getting any luck at the moment. Wonder if we'll get some soon ?

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
went to have the nut under the top mount tightened but it was tight. seems the top mount itself is broked, need to track some new ones down :(

wasco

hi guys i have problem knocking noise fron passenger side front i have changed bottom arms D bushes shocker link arm top mount noise is still there i have taken the car several mechanics but no one can find the problem does any one have any ideas also toda noticed oil leaking from driveshaft but i think it only leaks when car in motion as i hane not noticed oil on the floor .

please can someone help as this is realy pissing me off

cheeers

wasco

my car has developed a knocking noise a while bavk from the front passenger side on a smooth road cant hear a thing on rough roads it knocks like **** i have had the following done bottom arms D bushes link arms new shockers top mount but noise is still there i have noticed oil leak from the drive shaft only leaks when driving as i have had any drips of oil on floor while parked can someone please help.

cheers