Knocking on and off throttle

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
Hi everyone,
I’ve got a knocking noise only when on and off throttle, I can be going say 10mph and go on and off throttle and that’s when I get knock, only started happening after a changed dog bone mount, I’ve now also changed lower subframe mount and it’s got worse again,
I’m thinking I might have an engine mount gone, due to me replacing bottom one and dog bone mount and making issue worse, any help would be grateful thanks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah, I would have said engine mount. I'm assuming the dogbone mount is fitted straight and torqued up correctly?

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
Not sure on the spec of it. ECS tightened it to 100nm + 90 degrees.
Thanks again for reply tightened to right setting but still the same, but I’ve gave the engine a wobble by hand and I’d say there a lot off movement gearbox side so I’ll change gearbox mount and hopefully knock goes

Reactions: Legojon

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi mate it’ll be one of the other engine or gearbox mounts knocking as it’s now stiff at the dog bone and the sloppy other mounts are knocking on and off throttle load. I got brand new mounts and injected them with polyurethane sealant to stiffen them up. As I don’t want to fit solid mounts on this car like my track car.

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
Hi mate it’ll be one of the other engine or gearbox mounts knocking as it’s now stiff at the dog bone and the sloppy other mounts are knocking on and off throttle load. I got brand new mounts and injected them with polyurethane sealant to stiffen them up. As I don’t want to fit solid mounts on this car like my track car.
Hi mate I’ve replaced all mounts apart from drivers side, I’m now starting to get a constant knock and rattle at low speeds on and off throttle

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Morning mate what a night mare. Where abouts are you just want to see if your close enough for me to pop over take a quick look as it’s so hard to find sometimes over text.