KO3s fitting guide for ibiza cupra ??

Mattman

Pob !!
Mar 9, 2005
ASTLEY
with all the talk of people fitting these to ibiza's i was wondering if someone would do a fitting guide, including all the parts required and helpfull hints etc.
This would be very helpfull as i am really interested in doing this myself but am unsure where to start :rolleyes:

just an idea !!!

thanks
matt

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
I dont mind doing one but i can only include pics for assemberly as my is off at mo and new one going on tomorrow (if delivered)

Is it worth it?

HoocH

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
yeah thats fine, it'll be kinda obvious what uve removed as it'll be the reverse of assembly wont it :p

AlphaMale

Apr 28, 2005
Cardiff
I picked up my KO3s turbo today so I'll be doing a step by step with pictures and report. Then when I have 1 or 2 tasks done on my car I will be making a web site dedicated to my car or South Wales Cupras :confused: ... I guess it'll be a bit of both. ;)

I'll be looking to put my KO3s on my cupra next Sunday (weather permitting) :whistle: ... so I'll be looking to gather as much info as possible on doing the conversion.

Hope this will help when it's done.

Alpha

r1cky

Banana Rama cupra car
Oct 12, 2004
great stuff! defo get these guides up as im putting a K03s or an AM04 on mine in the next few months but want a go at doing it myself!

AlphaMale

Apr 28, 2005
Cardiff
Depends.

Take a look at A&M they sell the KO3s for £250 used or £500 new and VAG will sell them for £1,000

I think A&M might be out of 'used' KO3's so if you don't want to spend £500+ then you might wanna keep an eye on E-bay and other forums.

But if you do go to A&M they can fit it for you and you will get a warranty (I think) :shrug:

Alpha

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
ok so now there is alot of use going to have ago at fitting the ko3s are selfs, so what else would we need to fit it,
iv got just the turbo unit will i need any pipes and bungs? iv heard that you need to exstend the oil and water lines, if this is the case can i get them from seat and how much would they be?
also iv heard that you need to cap off one pipe, if so wich one and how do you cap it off (i.e were would you get a cap from)
and is there anything else that is needed?
apart from a differant tip (ko3s or golf mk4 samco) and a fitting kit (gastets)

as a hint from fitting my DP if you have a strutbrace take it off, makes things alot easyer to get to.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
no water or oil lines have to be changed!

You have to blank a vaccume pipe off because the k03 has 2 goin to the actuator and the ko3s has one!

The best way is to follow the pipe back to the t-piece, pull it off, thro it away. Then the 2 other pipes going on to the t-piece Follow them both back to where they go remove and replace with a new length (so you eliminate the t-piece all to gether)! :D

I done this because it is alot more apealing to the eye, a blanked off t-piece looks messy i think :redface:

Olly20VT
and is there anything else that is needed?

I think you just need new gaskets and copper washers now! If you get a fitting kit from A+M they inc lude a few bits like pics, first engine start with new turbo instruction, bolts and wahers!

I think thats all!?! ;)

Hope this helps

HoocH

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
that all sounds straght forward, how long is the one vaccume pipe (if done as above)? and is it just 3mm bore like all the others? and do you have any othe hints/tips?
Also when you unplug the oil feed dose it leak everywere and will it leave an air lock in the line i.e how do you do that bit?

Last edited:

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
yes, its the same as all of the other vaccum pipes, its about 12" long i think!?

Drain the water first, not much oil will come out as it all sits in the sump!

No more tips i dont think!?!

I found it pretty straight forward and ive never worked on a turbo engine nor many car engines for that matter! I learnt abit about engines from having bikes but thats it, also im only 19 so im not even wise yet :lol: !

Just make sure once you have installed it you crank it over with coil packs off a few times to get oil into the turbo befor it starts spinning!! You dont want an oil-less turbo! it works out expensive :lol: :cartman:

You'll be fine mate ;)

If you want my number to text or call me if you have any probs when you are doin it then i can PM it to you!?!

When you plannin to do it?

HoocH

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.