KO3S upgrade on mk3 Ibiza cupra

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
Turbo bolts straight on, dont get a silenced version tho. You will also need a Turbo Inake pipe (TIP) from forge to cope with the increase in boost pressure, cos the standard pipe will colapse under higer pressure.

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
Well from wat ive heard the silenced part of the turbo doesnt fit the TIP that well. It needs to be sleeved aparently- from wat i read in a post on here a lil while back. So i thought id mention it to save him a lil hassle

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
Some people have problems with them but not all i have a silenced one on mine but changed the pipe to a 54-48mm reduced when fitting the turbo and have never had a problem with it blowing off

slimjimvw

Jul 28, 2006
Exeter , Devon
Turbo bolts straight on, dont get a silenced version tho. You will also need a Turbo Inake pipe (TIP) from forge to cope with the increase in boost pressure, cos the standard pipe will colapse under higer pressure.

I've already got a Forge TIP with my KO3 , i've read that will squeeze on a KO3S ?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
the silencer on k03sports have nothing to do with the tip...its the silicone join to intercooler piping over the head thats the issue but its nothing and loads of people have no problems

slimjimvw

Jul 28, 2006
Exeter , Devon
Thanks for your input so far guys , appreciated.

Can anyone recommend some places to get hold of a KO3S , preferable a low mileage one , i swa whilst searching that JBS had some back along ? ;)

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
i have a k03s for sale from my aum golf mk4 after a eliminator turbo swap. i also have the tip! let me no

Ibiza Cupra

How much have people paid for a KO3s??? Seems like an easy upgrade tbh. I wanted to go bigger but money and everything!!!!! All i need is a tip to fit right????

can i fit this on a remapped engine??? (Nothing else yet)

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
you should really have a fmic and down pipe before you fit a ko3s as it get very hot under there.

Ibiza Cupra

Well i want to go stage 2 anyway so thats cool. I think FMIC will be next then!!!

Dec 9, 2002
CARDIFF
Visit site
A ko3s can get more but needs certain things,st2 fueling or custom map,a good fmic,a high flow exhaust and most of all the highest quality fuel (octane)you can get,i used v-power with millers cvl turbo octane boost(only for occasional use) .Timing was set to 9 and boost high 9,with the right fuel i was told this is ok and it worked,better than expected.I t seemed to be getting better as i drove to amd,probably adapting ,mid range is superb, keeps going to top end,it felt more like a mapped k04 car.:cheers: Andy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise