Ko4 turbo

Boardy

Sep 29, 2019
South wales

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I'm curious as to whether you're just looking to upgrade for more power or if your original turbo had failed after only covering 51k miles?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Looks like a nice turbo tbf.. But you can pick a k04 turbo for about £90 off ebay. And that's new! But obviously I'd seek advice before buy one. Massage seller if it's better than the original k04 and ask to find out what kind of power delivery it will give you.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Boardy

Sep 29, 2019
South wales
I'm curious as to whether you're just looking to upgrade for more power or if your original turbo had failed after only covering 51k miles?

I’m not 100% sure what I want to do yet I would like to keep it as standard as I can with minimal upgrades that can be taken back to standard if necessary. Don’t want to go down the hybrid turbo way as I’m not after that much power. Turbo hasn’t failed yet got minimal white smoke out of the exhaust. Just wanted to know if this turbo was any good for a replacement at some point
Thanks boardy

Boardy

Sep 29, 2019
South wales
Looks like a nice turbo tbf.. But you can pick a k04 turbo for about £90 off ebay. And that's new! But obviously I'd seek advice before buy one. Massage seller if it's better than the original k04 and ask to find out what kind of power delivery it will give you.

I have just emailed the seller and asked the question when he gets back to me I’ll let you know thankyou for your reply

Boardy

Sep 29, 2019
South wales

Turbocharger K04-0023S Seat Leon Audi A3 S3 TT 1.8 T 300HP billet wheel
Says this on the add mate

Boardy

Sep 29, 2019
South wales

hey mate could you send me a link to the ko4 turbo new one for £90 please ?

Boardy

Sep 29, 2019
South wales

hey mate the bloke got back to me and said yes it’s a bigger turbo and he said power delivery 300hp

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Without even reading the blurb i can see that's not a standard impeller wheel so clearly some kind of hybrid.
Cheap Chinese hybrids are very hit and miss though and notoriously difficult to map well.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent

Wow that must be ****!

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Wow that must be ****!

How do you tel what the correct turbo is then? I can put in 1.8t k04 turbo. Look at this for a start.
Screenshot_20191024_084331_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

lightup

May 27, 2019
I wouldnt bother with ebay turbos anyway since they use a lot of chinese garbage. Get a decent used one or a new one from a well known company. But thats my 2 cents

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I agree with what the other lads have said, stay away from ebay turbos! The vast majority of the time they are cheap chinese copies and will probably grenade and send bits of shrapnel through your motor.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
PerfectParts are Chinese !

As everyone has said stick with the big names - Theres 100 places popped up recently offering cheap turbo rebuilds - they almost all use Chinese chra's.

Owen developments, Beach buggy, Turbo technics etc

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members