lack of noise....

Garygee04

Jul 11, 2020
Erith
Hi guys, had the res delete pipe fitted yesterday and I didnt get the sound results I was after. I wasn't expecting a great increase in the pops but theres hardy any difference?

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Seeing as it's brand new you might a few miles on it before it starts to make a racket.
You may want to wait for someone else's input as I'm unsure, but the new 290 GPF Cupra may not be as "poppy" due to the GPF.

Garygee04

Jul 11, 2020
Erith
Seeing as it's brand new you might a few miles on it before it starts to make a racket.
You may want to wait for someone else's input as I'm unsure, but the new 290 GPF Cupra may not be as "poppy" due to the GPF.
Thanks for the reply mate, looks like I'll have to get her remapped with the pops and bangs

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
The GPF Cupras will never sound like the pre-GPF 290/300 unless you get it chopped out and mapped to suit.
With a res delete, I find that the GPF'd Cupras do get pops and bangs but they are deeper than the 290/300 where they sound more snap/crackle like.
I was following my friend in a non-modified 300 DSG and the crack/fart on gear change was audible from 10 cars way with windows up, but he could only hear mine at full chat as I passed his open window and timing the gear change just right! I did notice that the overun burble was deeper and more pronounced at lower rpms on mine vs his though.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
I've never heard my 280 DSG pop or bang.

Shifting up gear whilst full throttle at about 4k+ it farts though, thats just under any setting as well.

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Ive had two 290s and the first one (2016 290BE DSG) was like a shotgun in the boot when it shifted, you needed probably a good 60% throttle to do it.

The second one im driving now (2018 290 DSG) barely makes any noise, its a totally different car. It still shifts like a scolded cat but doesnt make any noises, the only "burbles" ive got are in Cupra mode when it downshifts on corners, even those you need the windows down to hear.

Garygee04

Jul 11, 2020
Erith
The GPF Cupras will never sound like the pre-GPF 290/300 unless you get it chopped out and mapped to suit.
With a res delete, I find that the GPF'd Cupras do get pops and bangs but they are deeper than the 290/300 where they sound more snap/crackle like.
I was following my friend in a non-modified 300 DSG and the crack/fart on gear change was audible from 10 cars way with windows up, but he could only hear mine at full chat as I passed his open window and timing the gear change just right! I did notice that the overun burble was deeper and more pronounced at lower rpms on mine vs his though.
That'll cost an arm and a leg to chop it out and map it wont it mate?

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
That'll cost an arm and a leg to chop it out and map it wont it mate?
Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort and cost to remove a GPF in the same way that I don't think a decat is worth it either. Maybe I'm just get curmudgeonly in my late 30's!

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
It does, I have a little over 3000 miles and it pops like mad when revving stationery and on downshifts. No DSG farts though, at least not yet.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
It does, I have a little over 3000 miles and it pops like mad when revving stationery and on downshifts. No DSG farts though, at least not yet.

My 2015 280 DSG doesn't seem to pop and bang at all but sport mode upshift the farts are super loud.

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
20k miles and still way too quiet.
Also have 20k miles and can agree.. sounds like a hairdryer and literally pops and bangs when it decides it wants to.. GPF is a killer.. will be getting removed when the warrenty disappears

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.