Lambda readings in Torque

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
I noticed on Torque coming home tonight (in the AQN) that there as no consistency to the O2 readings, sometimes it was .1V (even 0.0) at idle, other times it was .8V, and vice versa, and likewise when cruising, or under acceleration.

My understanding is that a lambda sensor should run from .2 to .8, and sluggish refresh suggests a failing sensor. Given I saw it take up to 10s to drop to .1v at idle, that seems sluggish to me, and it should be .2 not .1.

But then can I rely on the fact that Torque is polling the sensor often enough to get correct and current results.

Anyone else have similar readings on their V5?

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
Thanks slimy, I have no idea of the actual lambda reading, but certainly passes the sniff test, more so than the wifes 1.8 20V, which stinks, and yet passed the MOT last July.

But I think with the slow reporting and showing .8 at idle something must be wrong, it shouldn't be rich on idle at all, especially as my car idles at 700rpm, which seems to be 100 less than normal.

Ah well, more money, don't mind though, I want her to run as sweet as possible.

Edit: nope, just did a hunt and seems 600-700 is normal idle speed, I thought I had seen some people with 800ish, clearly not.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.