Launch control

Bryanm

I noticed that the 1.8s and 2.0 diesels automatics have launch control, anyone here with a dsg tried it? Would love to see a video of it!

Zix

Mar 31, 2014
Apparently 1.8 doesn't have it as it has 7speed DSG. The option is however available in diesel (184).
I guess the older 6speed DSG was capable of dealing with higher tourqe. Both 184 diesel and Cupra got the 6speed.

Bryanm

That looks fun lol! Would get you into to much trouble at the lights though!

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Seems to hang quite a bit. I make it about 7.15s - It was quite easy to go sub 7s in mine standard with ESC on and me at the wheel (and I'm not good at it).

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
It does amaze me still that the 1.8 wasn't given the 6 speeder with around 300Nm torque and the 1.4 an optional 7 speed.

That would have been a phenomenal sales pitch IMO to pacify the petrolheads whilst waiting on the Cupra

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
Supposed to be rubbish, though...

*this is where I would post a link to a road test where I read that fact, but I'm not allowed to*

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Was playing around with it last night on a mates car and will be today at Santa Pod

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
On my 1.8tsi I cannot get it to work. I follow these steps:

1. TC off (ESC Sports Mode)
2. Driver Profile in Sport
3. Left foot on break and full throttle (including the "click" the gas pedal does at the very end)

The car just tries to accelerate and then drops RPM =(

I thik as someone mention above, DSG 7 (DQ200) is not capable of that at least on factory software. With a DSG remap you might actually be able to activate it

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Above lol headwinds were terrible best time of the day was a 14.5.. The driver had never done 1/4 mile before and surface wasn't very good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Cupra 280 Launch Control

Thanks
The info I need is how does it work, as the dealer never mentioned it when I took the car for my test drive (Just me and my partner had the car all afternoon) and I never noticed anything about it. is it hidden away in the profile settings, does the handbook explain it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members