Launch experiences

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
I always use shell V power. Have done for last 7 years. Apart from the extra Ron it helps clean the engine (if the hype is true)

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Gas stations around here carry 95 octane mostly, some have 100 octane as well. I can see that Cupra recommends 98 octane, and minimum 95 octane.

Any tips on what to use? Price difference is not large.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I've tried finding some tests - apparently it's not a myth. If the car is designed for it, higher octane fuel will improve performance. Not by a lot but it was measurable.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just tried another launch but aborted early on as it felt like something was biting my tires, almost as if the handbrake was trying to come on.. don't know if it was something to do with the surface. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? All other launches have been flawless but this attempt didn't feel right at all.

Reactions: Yaz2010

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
It's interesting, a quick browse of the specs suggests the hybrid 1.4 TSI has a higher compression ratio than the 2.0 310 TSI, suggesting that would benefit more from the anti-knock effects of 98 RON over 95 RON more than the 310hp TSI. Not sure you get more joule energy value from the same millilitre of fuel if the RON is higher though, nor that the engine can eek more joules out of it? I dropped chemistry after A level so happy to be corrected!