Lc coilpack recall. news

51mo

May 21, 2011
Mine has an AUQ enine and 04 plate and mine are covered!

I would be interested in the recall part numbers to check mine prior to taking my car in

Sep 17, 2011
had mine in and out today but it turned out it has already been done so didnt need doing. However they said "hello sir it needs some other work doing to it would you like us to carry it out?" i just said no thanks and they gave me a detailed report and wanted £650 to fix all the "problems"! :rofl:

Sep 17, 2011
A rear Tyre is illegal needs changing seat want 102 to fix a 17"
Hub bearing kit noisy, wheel bearing rough, seat want 238 to fix
Boot adright and leaking seat want 146 to fix (have kit already to fix this week)
Egm and break light on 66 just to switch off
New wipers needed all round 38 to replace

There's a couple of other problems they say with rear and repeater lights but I think they are telling porkies tbh.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Went to SEAT Manchester this morning ... top people.

Four brand new Coil packs for me... they are also going to see about claiming on the corrosion warranty for the bonnet :)

Had a look at some new Leon's and cant say I'm impressed in all honesty!

Aug 27, 2012
Maidstone, Kent
Went to SEAT Manchester this morning ... top people.

Four brand new Coil packs for me... they are also going to see about claiming on the corrosion warranty for the bonnet :)

Had a look at some new Leon's and cant say I'm impressed in all honesty!

My bonnet is terrible especially underneath where you would lift it up its rotten through!

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
Expecting my car back tomorrow. got a free health check and diagnostics as well.

Will let you know.

least we can add the AUQ engine to the definite recall list!

Anyone noticed any change in perfomance or such afterwards

carew

Feb 16, 2008
Birmingham
Thanks for bringing this up.

Got mine booked in for next friday.

She took my reg down and according to their system mines showing as outstanding to be checked. :shrug::confused:

Tommyboy91

Scooby's + Seat's
Jul 18, 2010
Inverurie
Yeah that's what they told me. If there the original part numbers then they will get replaced. Also get a free health check as well.

carew

Feb 16, 2008
Birmingham
Well mine went into the dealers in wolverhampton today. 4 new coil packs fitted. Feels a whole lot better. Had a health check done to.

carew

Feb 16, 2008
Birmingham
Welk thought it was to good to be true.

Car running well all weekend. Jumps into my car today, felt abit lumpy. Thought maybe just down to the cold weather. Jumps in my car to come home tonight. Felt lumpy. Eml light comes on.

Anybody with any ideas. Could they have damaged the sensor on the right hand coilpack.

carew

Feb 16, 2008
Birmingham
The symptons that I have described do they sound like the coilpacks?

I just phoned the dealership in wolverhampton. Going back in again on thursday.

Its just funny how my car was running fine before they had it, now since they had it i'm having problems with it. The best part is. If its nothing to do with the coilpacks i'm going to be charged for the diagnostics.:censored:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.