Lcr 2003

x4d0w

Feb 1, 2017
I will do a full maintenance of my car, including all bushes.
My question is, for the engine support including dogbone, should I go for original or should I go for a better ones with better quality?
I'm not sure about this as I have never made this change before and after reading some topics I cannot decide which better. some help please

x4d0w

Feb 1, 2017
I don't know if the car is remapped or not. the only thing I know is that have a huge FMIC. What do you advise? I want to make the car as new. so the top ones can be original but upgrade the dogbone bushes for what? any brand?

andycupra

status subject to change
i know its a classic reply, but spend some time searching on here for dogbone mount mod.
lots of info, sadly lots of cr@p to sift through but you will soon find some brands and options.
Some manuafcturers set the entire mount as an upgrade, or most will buy the bushes, then simply use the exist mount with upgraded bushes.
IIRC there are 2 bushes, and probably 3 options on how hard/extreme to go. as mentioned before I'd not go extreme at ultimately you end up with bushes that transmit engine vibrations to the cabin.

I would advise going for upgraded bogbone bushes, but where you se an option go for the end of the ranger nearer to OEM.

if its got a huge FMIC its very likely mapped. if you can get a boost gauge you can find out easily, or if you know someone that can use vagcom etc to get the boost readings.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.