LCR 225 Front Bumper

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
As you all know the front of the R225 is very low and is prone to scraping over bumps etc. Anyway this happened to me in Wales about 10 days ago and I am miffed. The bumper is scratched and the black plastic thing had mostly come off. I cut off what was hanging on the ground, but now I need to get the whole thing fixed.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get a new black plastic thingie. Can I replace it myself or do I need to take the car to a Seat dealer.

Please help!!!!!!!

Many thanks

Dozer

Jul 2, 2005
Birmingham
I think you are talking about the splitter that runs along the bottom of the LCR front bumper. You are right about them always catching, infact I have taken mine of for just that reason.

You can get a new splitter direct from a Seat dealer for about £20, they are a bit of a pain to get on and off but its possible with a big enough pull/push. They just clip into holes on the underside of the bumper. I started using a jack under the splitter to clip it back in, before I gave up all together and took it off :cartman:

andycupra

status subject to change
agree with above post. about £20 from a dealer.
they 'clip' in, and can be done yourself.
but its not that easy. if you can get the car up a bit to give access its alot easier.

ive never had to remove mine, but after a quick look earlier it would appear that the two centre vertical parts click in via an arrow head type fitment and the rest of it slides in horizontally between the bottom of the bumper and the guard/support under the bumper.

this part i think has slight half arrow head parts to keep it in place. so it will either require a good confident pull to remove, (you already did this? and just need pushing in the refit.
if its difficult it also seems you can unscrew the bottom guide to loosen it. but dont think that wiill be needed to refit.

Last edited:

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
The splitter should be considered a consumable! and at £20, it's not expensive. It is easy to put on, apart from the 2 centre posts, these can be a real pain but can be eased in with the jack.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
great, thanks a lot guys. I am not mechanical and dont have any of those tools, but I will see what I can do, I know a guy that might be able to do it for me.

Thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
Yeah they're about 20 from your local Seat Dealer.

I would never advise removing it permenantly as some here have suggested. It is a consumable "sacrificial" part to let you know you're about to tear your front bumper off.

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
speedsix said:
Getting the front off the ground is a big help, not a lot of clearence otherwise.

yes but getting those damned jack point covers back on is one of the most frustrating things about the cupra.[:@] :censored: :wtf: i used a mates jack to save having to take those buggers off!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Anyone got a photo guide for removing / fitting the splitter?

Only to an LC not LCR.http://www.leoncupra.co.uk/ under guides / exterior

For the LC the centre clips need cutting down and self tappers are needed vs LCR which is just clips in all the way round, easier with two people fitting cos it's basically a long floppy bit of plastic which is a pain for one person to try and control

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise