Leaky boot... Please Help :-(

NinjaTurtle

This has been a problem for some time. I'm sure some of you's have had this issue too.

Basically water is always leaking in at some point when its raining and the boot carpet stinks of damp cause it gets wet and the well where the tool kit and spare wheel sits gets wet/very damp.

I've tried to identify where the water comes in from but the seals itself on the boot lid and car seem fine. However when you open the lid (when raining or water sitting on boot lid) you can observe the excess water flows down the wee channels on either side of the boot where you would see the hydarulic arms. The water runs down and I noticed two holes at the bottom on either side between the rear bumper and boot area I temporarily taped it up with special sealant tape (until I use heavy duty silicone or something lol) but the water still seems to be getting in from somewhere!!!

Any one help?

Cheers

Bill

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Assuming you are talking about a Mk.2 Toledo, the location you describe is where the bumper meets the bodyshell. The bumper is attached to the outside of the bodyshell and doesn't form part of the boot.

All I can suggest is that you take the lining out of the boot and see if you can find any marks where water is getting in. The only obvious hole high up in the boot area is for the fuel filler. This has a drain tube in the neck to take any rainwater coming in past the flap and/or spilled fuel. It's a long shot, but if you can remove the boot lining underneath the filler neck, perhaps you can see if this tube has come off?

Eroltdi

Glad to see its not just me with a leak issue, hope you got this sorted.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members