leccy seats upgrade

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Hi folks, hope all are well.

I'm trying to wire in some leccy seats in the front of my Leon.. they are not heated seats so only need pos/neg. I've found various earth points for the negative to go to.. plus after removing half the dash I have found this board of contacts behind the fuse box...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/36XdcFHwizfvy9ca9

Anyone know what those 30amp rails are for?
Can I run my positive from there? And if so, which one?

Many thanks. Stay safe folks.
Matty

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
They aren't 30 amp mate! Easy mistake to make and can' t understand why they would label them 30&30A but they are just the terminal numbers, not the amperage.
Terminal 30 is 110AMPS
Terminal 30a is 50AMP
So you definitely don't want to touch them with the battery connected!!
The good news is that terminal 30 should (IMO) have more than enough juice to supply the seats, obviously with a suitable inline fuse in between terminal 30 and the seats themselves. I would imagine that is probably where the factory live would come from in cars with them fitted.

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Nice one mty12345. I've noshed in the drivers chair and all the fairings and bottom dash.

I used 10guage cable, red from that '30' and black terminated to the right of the drivers foot well(found a ground bolt) , passed it round the side and under the middle to the little hatch under the handbreak.. both cables go in one side of a terminal block rated for 30amps+. Ish... On the opposite side, I ran a red cable with inline fuse (20) and a spare doubling cable back into the chocblok... For the other chair, that also has an online fuse at 20.... Black neg cable also goes through and doubles out and back in, for both chairs... Those cables under the chairs are slightly smaller at 12guage. Going back to me mates workshop tomorrow morning to fit the passenger seat.
He runs a workshop for racing cars mostly n knows a good deal of stuff. I built his office pc and help do his IT stuff so he's let me on the ramp and use his gear.. bloody godsend to be honest!

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
No worries. The wiring sounds all good to me and your choice of fuses too. The guy with the workshop sounds just the kind a mate to have,lol.

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Nice one mate thx. . Hopefully won't be too long finishing up tomorrow... Then I can get the rear bench seat in.. then I gotta design and 3d print some speaker grills for the door cards.. the two drivers said took a boot each by the looks of it... God knows how folks manage that.. nevermind... I'll get there... Cheers dude

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.