LED DRL / sidelight flickering and flashing

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
Has anyone had any experience of the DRL or side light flickering on and off like a strobe light. have a warning light on the dash now saying to check the light. not much i can do with it though as there seems to be no bulbs as its all LED.
It should still be under some kind of warranty as i had it replaced by insurance just last month after hitting a der and breaking the last one.

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
I think most insurance repairs should be guaranteed for 12 months so if a faulty unit or fitting you’ll get it fixed without problem.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I think most insurance repairs should be guaranteed for 12 months so if a faulty unit or fitting you’ll get it fixed without problem.

I agree. Car should be taken back to where the new light was fitted and get them to sort it.

Was it a brand new light or is it from a breakers yard? If fitted at a main dealer there shouldn’t be a problem with getting it sorted out.

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
It was a new light, insurance job so no second hand parts. It goes in for them to see it at the weekend. If it doesn't do it I've got a video and pictures of the warning message.