Led for reversing light and dynamic indicators

FR1

Apr 14, 2018
Hello

Just looking for someone to point me in the right direction to replace my mirror indicators with the dynamic style and my reverse light for LED light.

I have the last gen Leon cupra model. Did some searching but not 100% sure if the part

Any help is appreciated

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
The reversing light depends on your fitment.

I've just had this delivered and will fit tomorrow. My 2014 ST has the older style fitment.

As for the dynamic inidicators. I've seen some good reviews for the Chinese ones and these guys get mentioned a lot:

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Best quality mirror indicators are Osram, much better than the £30 Chinese versions

I think that the OP is after the dynamic ‘sweeping light’ style, similar to Audi, VW and new Mk4 lights.

However, as a standard replacement, never had any issues with Osram products.

Edit: Dynamic - That’ll teach me for not looking at the price! Not sure my significant other would speak to me if she saw the price of these on our Amazon account.

Last edited:

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
As for the reverse bulbs:

Pre-FL: P21 bulb
FL: W16W

One of the biggest complaints is poor light level emitted on the pre-FL. It’s a shame that ‘style over substance’ resulted in a single, smaller bulb in the FL. VW, Audi and BMW all seem to have two reversing bulbs, and this makes it far safer to manoeuvre in the dark.

The above situation is even worse when you consider the sportier models have tinted rear windows as standard.

Reactions: Mark300zx

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
As for the reverse bulbs:

Pre-FL: P21 bulb
FL: W16W

One of the biggest complaints is poor light level emitted on the pre-FL. It’s a shame that ‘style over substance’ resulted in a single, smaller bulb in the FL. VW, Audi and BMW all seem to have two reversing bulbs, and this makes it far safer to manoeuvre in the dark.

The above situation is even worse when you consider the sportier models have tinted rear windows as standard.
Sorry to hijack, can you tell me if the led bulb increases the illumination when reversing?

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
I went for the clear one as my car is white. they are much much brighter than the standard SEAT ones. Expensive but I think worth it.

Bosher

I fitted the dynamic side repeaters from Progressive Parts this morning. Took ten minutes a side to do. And you do NOT have to remove the mirror glass. The covers just pull off of the mirrors. Took a few seconds on the first side to work out just where to hold the cover. There is a video on YouTube that shows how the covers just pull off.

Have to say I'm really impressed with Progressive Parts, ordered the lamps on Sunday and they turned up on Tuesday. To be honest, what with Christmas and Covid didn't expect them until the new year.
https://progressiveparts.com/seat-leon-mk3-ibiza-mk5-dynamic-indicators
They look really nice and seem brighter than the stock ones.

Reactions: BillyCool

GlekkeMatrak

Dec 22, 2020
Houtvenne, Belgium
I fitted the dynamic side repeaters from Progressive Parts this morning. Took ten minutes a side to do. And you do NOT have to remove the mirror glass. The covers just pull off of the mirrors. Took a few seconds on the first side to work out just where to hold the cover. There is a video on YouTube that shows how the covers just pull off.

Have to say I'm really impressed with Progressive Parts, ordered the lamps on Sunday and they turned up on Tuesday. To be honest, what with Christmas and Covid didn't expect them until the new year.
Hey Bosher,

could you provide some info on how these indicators from progressive parts act when locking/unlocking the car? Do they actually go all the way to the tip then? Furthermore, what brand are they? Because there's at least 15 Chinese brands selling these on Amazon, ranging anywhere from €30 to €70... And do they have an E-type approval?

Thanks!

Glekke

Bosher

Hey Bosher,

could you provide some info on how these indicators from progressive parts act when locking/unlocking the car? Do they actually go all the way to the tip then? Furthermore, what brand are they? Because there's at least 15 Chinese brands selling these on Amazon, ranging anywhere from €30 to €70... And do they have an E-type approval?

Thanks!

Glekke
Hey Glekke,
when you unlock they do two full sweeps, and one full sweep when you lock the vehicle.
Branding wasn't a factor as far as I was concerned. My prime consideration was that I would be buying from a company with a good trading reputation, and not from someone on eBay selling cheap parts with no aftersales service.
If you look at the photo showing the front and rear of the lamps on the Progressive Parts site the top image shows the E marking.
Hope that helps.

GlekkeMatrak

Dec 22, 2020
Houtvenne, Belgium
Hey Glekke,
when you unlock they do two full sweeps, and one full sweep when you lock the vehicle.
Branding wasn't a factor as far as I was concerned. My prime consideration was that I would be buying from a company with a good trading reputation, and not from someone on eBay selling cheap parts with no aftersales service.
If you look at the photo showing the front and rear of the lamps on the Progressive Parts site the top image shows the E marking.
Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Will be getting them then for sure. Maybe add LED indicators in the rear too, because "Full LED" wasn't entirely "full" in the pre-FL...

Reactions: Bosher
Jan 23, 2020

Did you pull off the mirror cover like in this video or use a pry tool to undo the clips?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.