Led headlight scuff mark on the inside !!

Feb 29, 2020
Hi my headlights are led and one side there is a scuff mark that looks like bird poo ! I have tried to get rid of it from the outside but it’s definitely inside !! I have removed the cover under the bonnet to reveal the led but I can’t figure out how to take it out or if it’s a sealed unit and I don’t want to break it can anyone advise what I can do I was thinking to remove the led get a grabber tool and try clean it from the gap without removing the whole unit but I can’t get the led out

Reactions: NigelPatrick
Feb 29, 2020
Here’s the picture of the scuff lol

Attachments

• 9E3E1E59-15D1-4170-A83A-F703C4334CE2.jpeg
    9E3E1E59-15D1-4170-A83A-F703C4334CE2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 365

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
It's dust, I'm afraid, and a well known issue. If you search the forum you'll find a lot of similar threads.

The pre facelift headlights aren't very well sealed, they suck in dust and moisture as they heat/cool and the static generated by the lens means dust sticks to the inside.

On the positive side it's unlikely to cause an MOT failure.

Reactions: Elliott Brown
Feb 29, 2020
It's dust, I'm afraid, and a well known issue. If you search the forum you'll find a lot of similar threads.

The pre facelift headlights aren't very well sealed, they suck in dust and moisture as they heat/cool and the static generated by the lens means dust sticks to the inside.

On the positive side it's unlikely to cause an MOT failure.
Oh really that’s not good lol so there’s no way of getting into it and trying to clean it other than paying 450 for a new one ! Or maybe tint the lights god nos

veno

They could be cleaned, my Seat garage offers this. This looks like from evaporated water stain. If I was you I would check for cracks in the bottom corners of the headlight unit. I had the same stains from slightly cracked led unit, not visible until I looked closely the bottom wide angle corner...

Feb 29, 2020
They could be cleaned, my Seat garage offers this. This looks like from evaporated water stain. If I was you I would check for cracks in the bottom corners of the headlight unit. I had the same stains from slightly cracked led unit, not visible until I looked closely the bottom wide angle corner...
That’s brilliant thanks for your help i will get a seat dealership to open it and clean it ! , how much did they charge you for this if u don’t mind me asking , as a new unit is 600 pound haha

veno

I have no idea... they have done it under warranty... recently I replaced headlight unit due to small car accident caused by another driver, the price of the new unit was 1100 euro including the VAT, so you should be happy how cheap is in UK...

Feb 29, 2020
I have no idea... they have done it under warranty... recently I replaced headlight unit due to small car accident caused by another driver, the price of the new unit was 1100 euro including the VAT, so you should be happy how cheap is in UK...
Ah ok haha

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
Hi my headlights are led and one side there is a scuff mark that looks like bird poo ! I have tried to get rid of it from the outside but it’s definitely inside !! I have removed the cover under the bonnet to reveal the led but I can’t figure out how to take it out or if it’s a sealed unit and I don’t want to break it can anyone advise what I can do I was thinking to remove the led get a grabber tool and try clean it from the gap without removing the whole unit but I can’t get the led out

so did u get this sorted matey??!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise