Leon cupra mode

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Guys
Any knowledge on what cupra mode does to engine parameters.
I know that the accelerator response is sharper and the soundaktor feeds in more fake engine noise (OBDeleven on order to fix ) Like lolly pop sticks on a kids bike :)

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
It may be purely psychological as I haven't turned down the fake noise yet, however I feel Cupra mode has more grunt. Perhaps a few horses are harnessed in normal mode?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
If you have a DSG gearbox then it doesn't change up after a gnat's breath like normal mode does. It also changes settings on the diff if I remember the option in the custom setting correctly

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
From past experience with an Astra the VXR button was just a change to the acceleration pedal and not any engine spec. Was wondering if VW did anything to engine manaegement and exhaust flaps

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
From past experience with an Astra the VXR button was just a change to the acceleration pedal and not any engine spec. Was wondering if VW did anything to engine manaegement and exhaust flaps

No exhaust flaps on a Cupra. Cupra mode alters steering weight, diff actuation. I believe it also firms up the suspension. As well as increasing the soundaktor and turningdoor spear lights red...

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I've heard from people that the turbo gains a bit of extra boost but it's maybe myth. The only main difference I notice is that the steering/suspension becomes heavy and the soundaktor becomes annoying. Personally I keep it in comfort mode as our roads are total w**k

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
Since having my exhaust changed to a Milltek, I have noticed that there is a definite wooffly burble on the overrun when in Cupra mode that is not there in comfort. So, I would deduce that 'something' happens in the engine management as well.

I have completely disconnected the farcical noise generator and I would swear the the engine note also gets a bit harder on full chat. Never done any testing though, so not sure it manifests in the car going faster.

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Not applicable........ had noticed a bit more pop in cupra mode so wondered if that was due to change in engine management when in cupra, although I suppose the fact that the throttle response is sharper might give that effect. Still have thought that engine stays same like in did in astra VXR
Waiting on obd plug in to kill the soundaktor so the engine note is audible in cupra mode.

Will we all be using soundaktor with ferrari sound when it's all electric cars in future

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
My parish priest reliably informs me that every time you activate Cupra mode 0.1% of your soul is donated to Beelzebub's retirement fund.
Apparently it all started with the Ibiza 1.9 fr tdi :drive2:.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
+1

If they ban petrol cars, then i'm gonna set fire to 40 litres of unleaded in my garden every weekend just to piss the vegans/unwashed/tree huggers off

Why not just burn the vegans/unwashed/tree huggers instead? Much more fun. And don't forget lentil munchers. Crafty b'stards they are. And kaftan wearers. Hippies. Long haired weirdos. Luddites. Sandal wearers. :blink:

Reactions: Mystery290

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
I've heard from people that the turbo gains a bit of extra boost but it's maybe myth. The only main difference I notice is that the steering/suspension becomes heavy and the soundaktor becomes annoying. Personally I keep it in comfort mode as our roads are total w**k

Plus 1... mine is in comfort mode all the time, anything else ruins the car, for the road at least.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
I heard the same. you get the full 2 bar boost with the cupra mode.

mine certainly pulls harder in the cupra mode and you get more pops n bangs.

steering certainly firms up. what about suspension?

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
As far as I know Cupra mode changes all the following.

Stiffer suspension
Aggressive diff
Gearbox goes into Sport mode
Steering is heavier
Red lights in the doors
Silly engine noise

And then the possible power increase that isn't really documented anywhere...

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
As far as I know Cupra mode changes all the following.

Stiffer suspension
Aggressive diff
Gearbox goes into Sport mode
Steering is heavier
Red lights in the doors
Silly engine noise

And then the possible power increase that isn't really documented anywhere...

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Why not just burn the vegans/unwashed/tree huggers instead? Much more fun. And don't forget lentil munchers. Crafty b'stards they are. And kaftan wearers. Hippies. Long haired weirdos. Luddites. Sandal wearers. :blink:

Don't forget the Fuddites! :snack:

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Hybrid drivers holding up traffic as they're always on a mission trying to get the claimed mpg

Audi drivers on the other hand.... whole new thread can be created

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.