Leon Cupra R's

CupraR_Lad

Jul 9, 2007
Herefordshire
Hey guys this is my first post!:)

Just asking about what you all think of the Cupra's?
Any problems with them,any bad points?

I was thinking bout getting the yellow one!
Has anyone had problems with the colour fading?and what sort of polish to use to bring the yellow back out!:confused:

Thanks, CupraR_Lad :rolleyes:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Hey guys this is my first post!:)

Just asking about what you all think of the Cupra's?
Any problems with them,any bad points?

I was thinking bout getting the yellow one!
Has anyone had problems with the colour fading?and what sort of polish to use to bring the yellow back out!:confused:

Thanks, CupraR_Lad :rolleyes:

Welcome to the site fella, you asked quite a lot of questions there which are difficult to answer in one post, most of which have been answered before. The site contains a huge amount of info, hit the search button and enter some key words about what your looking for. All will be revealed.:funk::funk:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Watch out for paint fade on yellow Leons. They look superb in yellow, it really suits it perfectly IMO. BUT... they do sometimes fade unevenly. I've seen some 1-year-old cars looking very faded... and some 4 year old cars looking unfaded and like new, so it obviously is a bit hit and miss so have a good look around :)

gazzy-g

had my yellow one for 3 weeks now and got to say its mega fun only complaint i have is its one thirsty bugger coming from an oil burner but still putting a big smile on my face. be patient picking one i took ages but found a good one eventually i hope. good luck finding one and welcome

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I wouldn't say yellow fades any more than black does
If anything better colour cos you often get swirls in black

You should talk to some of the Ovni Ibiza and Leon boys more often then! :lol: There have been a few discussions about it in the cleaning forum in the recent past.

My Ovni had a full respray at the end of last year :yes:

You're right about it not showing swirls as much though, that's a definite bonus! And I think the LCR is instantly recognisable in Ovni, it's just the perfect colour for it that everybody knows :D

Matt85

Feb 6, 2007
Bucks
I wasnt too sure about getting a yellow one before I got it, but it does really suit the car and looks great! The flys like it too! :D
Plus its kinda like the 'SEAT colour' with it being on the touring cars.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
You should talk to some of the Ovni Ibiza and Leon boys more often then! :lol: There have been a few discussions about it in the cleaning forum in the recent past.

My Ovni had a full respray at the end of last year :yes:

You're right about it not showing swirls as much though, that's a definite bonus! And I think the LCR is instantly recognisable in Ovni, it's just the perfect colour for it that everybody knows :D

I own onvi!!!!
I've had mine 2 1/2 years and dont have a single problem with fading. I do how ever have a really problem with stone chippings

And i know its the ONLY colour to get the LCR in

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Did you read my first post? Specifically the part where I said it's hit and miss as to which cars are affected, as new cars can fade quickly while older cars stay looking good.

Brownster

Pure Brownmonsterage
Mar 4, 2006
sheffield
Actually il think you'll find silver is the daddy of the colour options! bow to my cupra R

Silver is the easiest colour to keep clean.. wish mine was silver -I've got a black one and for the few days after it has been washed it loooks AWESOME, but the moment it gets dirty it looks total carp.

I had a silver ZetecS, didnt need much maintaining on the exterior and continued to shine... ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.