leon cupra tdi 53 plate advice please

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
Hi damien

I know we briefly spoke about the weitec kits. But want to know are these the best reckomendations for my car as I don't want too stiff crashy ride. Have a little un to chaufer around

I also would like the car to site level. Is that possible without coilies.

I also don't want it scrapping floor

Also that drop of about 20mm would I need anything else ,ie drop links etc

Cheers.
Andrew

Damian @ DPM

DPM Performance
Forum Sponsor
Hi Andrew,

Yeah the 30mm Weitec kit is a great choice and not crashy or harsh and should sit level but it is difficult to get the car perfect without coilovers.

You won't need anything else but depending on the cars mileage it might be a good idea to change the top mounts as well.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
ok i will get them from tps ,

the drop links then wouldnt be an issue then with that kit , whats it drop by -20mm real time rather than 30mm , i was planning on a LCR splitter is this now likely to scrap the floor or still safe

how much was it again , don tthink the other member is ready yet for his kit , so looks like just me , do we get scn discount at all

also whats delivery time scales

cheers

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
damien , just dragged my old thread up , ive now developed a squeek like noise form the passenger front shock , i need to take it back to my uncles garage tonight to investigate , but is there anything to look out for ,

shoult the top mounting plates have play in them are they a flexible like joint or should be no movement

cheers

andrew

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
Hi Damian - with Andrews consent I have jumped on the end of his thread I am looking to purhase the same setup as Andrew for My 2004 Leon Cupra TDI but firstly I have one deciding question for you.

Would you know if the complete suspensiin setup on my Leon would transfer to a 2001 "Y" plate Golf 1.9TDI?

reason being my other halfs Golf rides like a Sail ship in comparisson to mine so rather than upgrade her golf the plan in my head is to upgrade the Leon and then fit my springs and dampers to her golf.

Many thanks Mark

Christ Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members