Leon FR 1.4 2014 EPC Issue

solbes

May 28, 2014
Hi everyone,

I was on the highway a few days ago I noticed my car's throttle response was clumsy and couldn't get past 3,000-3,500 rpms. Soon as I noticed this the "EPC" light went on.

I quickly checked my manual and it said something about "cleaning" the gas tank with certain method (speed of 60 km/h minimum, reving it at 2,000 rpm for 15 mins) but the ****ing thing wouldn't go away and my car was still unresponsive.

So I parked and turned off the car completely, waited like 10 mins, started it again and the EPC thing was off and the car was fully responsive again.

The thing is that later on it happened again and I had to do that **** all over again.

I'm really worried so I'm totally booking my car in at the dealership.

The best way to describe it is as if the turbo lost it's power while the EPC was on, I mean the car wouldn't go past 100 km/h no matter what I did.

Does anybody know what could be the issue? BTW it's a manual transmission if that helps.

Also, I got an "Error: Air Bag" display on my screen as well, so I just started laughing at all of this bs.

Honestly I love the car and I considered my car at some point to be one of the best investments i've made in my life, but after all this **** I'm starting to doubt it.

I mean I've also had really ****ing BAD rattling noises on the passengers door and in a bunch of other places but I just didn't mind that since it was no big deal, but this just doesn't seem right at all.

Thanks in advance guys and I wish you all a happy new year!

Last edited:

KenTT

Sorry for your bad luck, it sounds as though it's going into limp mode.

Could possibly be just a faulty sensor, best get it into the dealers so they can look at any error codes that should have been logged, then they will know what to look at.

Hope you get it sorted OK.

solbes

May 28, 2014
Thanks man, and yeah, I think it may be a faulty sensor. Gonna have it checked out on monday.
I read about this error and it seems to be something sort of "common" on older ibiza's and leon's

This is the most recent video I found of this error: /watch?v=oMOaXid2958 (youtube video)

It's an Ibiza Cupra with the EPC light on and the car clearly shows having trouble revving the engine.

Thanks a bunch for replying :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.