Leon FR 1.8tsi or Exeo

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Well, my current steed is an Exeo 143tdi SE Tech but I am thinking of trading it for a Leon FR 1.8tsi, my Exeo is well spec'd but the Leon I have been offered has ALOT of toys such as
Heated Alacantra, Tech pack, Winter pack, Driver assist, 18inch alloys, Seat Sound system ,,,,,,

Any issues I should be aware of? I know its my decision but anyone done something similar?

Jord

Apr 29, 2012
1.8 is a decent engine, it's a quick as a mk6 gti, but slightly better mpg and lower tax band. If your coming away from a diesel don't expect the same mpg as mine only averages 35mpg I know it's 3 weeks old but it's nowhere near a diesels mpg in comparison. If speed isn't a major thing go for the 1.4 tsi act engine, diesel like mpg but I nice punchy petrol engine, it's not as quick as the 1.8 but it doesn't feel much slower.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
1.8 is a decent engine, it's a quick as a mk6 gti, but slightly better mpg and lower tax band. If your coming away from a diesel don't expect the same mpg as mine only averages 35mpg I know it's 3 weeks old but it's nowhere near a diesels mpg in comparison. If speed isn't a major thing go for the 1.4 tsi act engine, diesel like mpg but I nice punchy petrol engine, it's not as quick as the 1.8 but it doesn't feel much slower.

Thanks for the tip but I wasn't blown away with the 1.4tsi compared to the 1.8tsi.
I'm not fussed about the fuel figures, one of the reason for change is because I do small journeys. Diesels give decent performance without huge mpg and that's why I've always had one. Nowadays petrol deliver performance with good mpg.
Had a demo for a day and I loved it, I was surprised about the quality and performance.. I've had diesels most my life but the 1.8tsi really pulled from low down and when it rose over 4000rpm WOW, I know mpg will suffer but like I said not fussed about that, so much so I've raided the piggy bank and bought the fully loaded one :D.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.