Leon FR - 'Leon' De-badge - Thoughts?

Geordie_Paul

Jan 19, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hi,

Yesterday I de-badged the 'LEON' part from the rear of my Chrono Yellow FR. I know this is not to everyone's taste but personally I think it rounds the back of the car off nicely and makes it look a bit less bitty.

The reason for this thread is to get other people's opinions as to whether they prefer it with or without as I they can be replaced. So far I prefer it though :)

Before...
SDC10902.jpg

After...
SDC11021.jpg

For anybody interested it is done very easily with a bit of hot water poured over the letters to soften the adhesive then I found the best way was to use some fishing line to drag down the back of them... anything left over can be taken off with tar remover :)

Cheers,
Paul

Last edited:

yogie

Rock'N'Rolla
Nov 19, 2009
stafford
looks good bud, much better than having LEON printed on it, suits it well with the FR remaining, IMO

Geordie_Paul

Jan 19, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Yeah, I don't want it to look like I'm hiding the fact it is a Leon and don't want other people to not know it's an FR but I just think it rounds it off and makes it look smoother!

Thanks for the feedback :)

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Only idiots make their car try and look something it isn't. Like the endless BMW drivers with "M" badges on the bootlid of their 320d's....

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2011
If you read my earlier post the r doesn't really allude to anything because it DOESN'T have a Cupra badge.
M3 just say M, nothing else. Hence it's different!
Jokers

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I guess Im the only one who likes the L E O N badge on the back then, maybe thats because there aint no other badge there lol. It stands out on my black leon i think but thats personal opinion.

And regarding putrid's badge issue, guys it is his car and he can badge it up as he likes as its up to him (not that I am saying that its cool to badge up Leons as cupras and FR's when they are not etc). No point in everyone making a comment to create an issue over as we have seen it in the past lol

Last edited:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I guess Im the only one who likes the L E O N badge on the back then, maybe thats because there aint no other badge there lol. It stands out on my black leon i think but thats personal opinion.

And regarding putrid's badge issue, guys it is his car and he can badge it up as he likes as its up to him (not that I am saying that its cool to badge up Leons as cupras and FR's when they are not etc). No point in everyone making a comment to create an issue over as we have seen it in the past lol

not like what happened to that kid who wanted advice about mud flap fitting you mean :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise