Leon FR Mk3 - Mirror issue

colemac

Aug 21, 2014
Hi All,

This is my first post on here and I'm after some advice.

I have a '14' plate Seat Leon FR and it seems to have developed a minor issue with the mirrors.

Up until about 8 weeks ago, the electric mirrors would fold in when holding down the 'lock' button, unfortunately for some reason this has now stopped and won't do it no matter how long i hold it.

Any ideas what this could be, it also now doesn't bring down all the electric windows when you hold the open button either... could this be some sort of electrical fault or possible fuse issue?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi All,

I have a '14' plate Seat Leon FR and it seems to have developed a minor issue with the mirrors.

Up until about 8 weeks ago, the electric mirrors would fold in when holding down the 'lock' button, unfortunately for some reason this has now stopped and won't do it no matter how long i hold it.

Any ideas what this could be, it also now doesn't bring down all the electric windows when you hold the open button either... could this be some sort of electrical fault or possible fuse issue?

Thanks
Craig

Has the battery been disconnected recently ?

Try re-setting the one shot windows
push the down button - keep it pressed till 5 secs after the window is fully open
push the up button - keep it pressed till 5 secs after the window has closed.

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Hi All,

Thanks
Craig

Have you checked the "convenience opening" in the car settings menu? Check that first, it should be enabled and then the mentioned functions should work.

Programming convenience opening in the Easy Connect*

– Select: function button CAR > control button Vehicle systems* >
Vehicle settings > Central locking > Open the window by holding
button down or > Front window on/off or Sunroof on/off*

Last edited:

colemac

Aug 21, 2014
Hi both, thanks for your replies.

Regarding battery disconnect, no this has not been disconnected. Ill try the window reset later today and let you know.
regarding the comfort closing, this is enabled. i also try disabling and re-enabling it to see if that resolves it but nothing still.

i did notice that when i press the lock button and hold it, near one of the mirrors i see a raid light start flashing while I'm holding it down.... not sure what that means..

colemac

Aug 21, 2014
Hi, yes thats correct. Just seems to flash when i hold down the lock key to try and instigate the folding in of the mirrors but nothing happens

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
Try Deano's suggestion. I had the same issue, and that fixed it. I think I tried to open/close a window when it was still frozen and it knocked off the one-touch open and close. That then stops the mirrors folding as well for some reason.

colemac

Aug 21, 2014
Hi, Thanks guys. Do i action the down and up buttons on one window at a time? i assume so but just checking.

colemac

Aug 21, 2014
Another update, actioned the steps as per Deano's advise and the mirrors are now folding, and windows opening as expected. What a very odd issue.

Thanks to all who replied.
Cheers
Craig

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I've got this exact issue, mirrors not folding windows not going up off the key, tried the steps but dent work

any suggestions other than a trip to dealer, have reset then selected the options again

colemac

Aug 21, 2014
The way I got it to work was doing the following:-

1. Put all windows fully down
2. In turn, put each window up but hold the up button until you hear a click

Once all four windows are done it should reset the issue.

Thanks
Craig

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
thats worked, cheers Craig

i found the other thread and did one at time but hadn't work but i never put all the windows down first as you suggested

Devman

Jun 12, 2015
thats worked, cheers Craig

i found the other thread and did one at time but hadn't work but i never put all the windows down first as you suggested

I've tried the various combinations without any success. Ill keep trying but has anyone else not been able to sort out this issue by resetting the windows?

johngre

Feb 21, 2016
Hi guys!

I'm having the exact same issue and this is the second time it happens. One shot for driver window is not working (I have to keep pushing it to open/close) and because of that issue, alarm lights and mirrors folding does not work when locking/unlocking the car from the key.

First time it happened, I toggled the related car settings (mirror folding and open/closed windows on unlock/lock) and it worked. Now, neither this solution works nor the suggested one with holding the buttons for 5 secs.

Do you have any suggestions that might be helpful?

Thank you in advance!

phibbs2014

May 21, 2014
Maybe try a factory reset. It took me 4 attempts for mine to sort itself out!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

phibbs2014

May 21, 2014
Also after opening fully and then click up very quickly on each window after it has been fully closed and your hear that clicking sound.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Also after opening fully and then click up very quickly on each window after it has been fully closed and your hear that clicking sound.

This will fix but must do it 1 window at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johngre

Feb 21, 2016
Thanks a lot guys for the advice! I will try one window at a time and factory reset after that, in case it won't work. I will let you know how it goes ;-)

johngre

Feb 21, 2016
I just wanted to let you know that everything is back to normal. I've spent around 10 minutes playing with the windows but eventually it worked! It seems to be random though but I'm glad it works again. Thank you very much for your help! :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members