Leon fr rear disc removal, leaving caliper holder in place

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Hi all going to change rear discs and pads. Is it possible to chanhe rear discs without removing bracket that hold caliper in place.( eg by just removing pads ???.
Thanks in advance.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I always plan to need to remove the calliper carriers so buy in new bolts to be on the safe side as most of these calliper carrier bolts are either "stretch to yield" or end up only being good enough to use once as the "locking" serration on the underside of the flanged bolt head have been crushed during removal and so now not very effective, or rusting up of the bolt head means getting them back off the next time will be extremely problematic.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I wouldn't worry about it, it's pretty easy. It's all straightforward and logical. Unless you have an electric handbrake.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I could just about do it on my old Audi A4 with 155 rear discs but I doubt you can on larger rear discs.
To remove the carrier on the independent rear axle you'll need an M14 triple square tool.
These bolts are rather tight. 90Nm + 90 degs; And the manual says these bolts are single use - and renew after removing (torque to yield bolts)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise