Leon MII audio system

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
Hi all, I am new here as I have just purchased 2006 Leon with audio
system that had CD/DVD slot. It has FM AM CD AUDIO PROG buttons along the top above the CD slot. Down the left side it has numbered buttons 1-6 then TP and PTY buttons. Right side has left/right selection arrows and on off and volume control. At the bottom it has 6 small round buttons.

I came from Audi A3 where I used SD cards with MP3 files and have put some files on a CDRW disk but every disk I try will not read.
Does this unit read CDRW's? Does anyone know where I can download a manual for it?

Thanks

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Hi all, I am new here as I have just purchased 2006 Leon with audio
system that had CD/DVD slot. It has FM AM CD AUDIO PROG buttons along the top above the CD slot. Down the left side it has numbered buttons 1-6 then TP and PTY buttons. Right side has left/right selection arrows and on off and volume control. At the bottom it has 6 small round buttons.

I came from Audi A3 where I used SD cards with MP3 files and have put some files on a CDRW disk but every disk I try will not read.
Does this unit read CDRW's? Does anyone know where I can download a manual for it?

Thanks

I believe it should support MP3 discs. No USB or memory card slot. Am on my way to work but will have a look through my manual tonight and leg you know. Finding an online version of the handbook is like searching for the holy grail

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Just remembered this has been asked before credit to the seat manual

Last edited:

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
Fantastic, many thanks. I then went and found my own manual. Any way I cannot for the life of me get MP3s to wok yet. I have tried about 5 different burns all on RWs. I then tried a straight CD copy on a CDRW and it worked. What do most people use to burn? I have tried Windows then Nero at the moment.

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
For love nor money I couldn't get rewritable discs to work. When I swapped to cd-r's it worked fine. I think the unit it a bit picky, r u sure you finalised the disc once burnt..it cannot be left as an open session

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
For love nor money I couldn't get rewritable discs to work. When I swapped to cd-r's it worked fine. I think the unit it a bit picky, r u sure you finalised the disc once burnt..it cannot be left as an open session

Thanks again Clossie. Now I have tried CDR too and failed so it must be my process. What programs and settings have you guys been using?
Thanks

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
I'm old school and hate paying for anything. I use cdburnerxp and have done for years. Very basic interface but works well. Haven't burnt discs for a while now as I installed a Bluetooth receiver in the glove box hard wired into the input for the aux in so now stream straight from my phone

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
I tried non-rewriteable CDs and still couldn't get to play MP3s. I copied a normal CD to the CDWRs and this works so it could be my process of burning MP3. I have made sure I have followed the requirements -ISSO 9660 and finalised the disk. Still no luck. I want to see what I'm doing wrong before spending £300 on a aftermarket stereo.

Brianb

Jul 24, 2016
I use the Windows burn to disc option that come up once you insert a disc, using Windows 7, no additional software needed. Will burn into folders and treat as albums when playing

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
I use the Windows burn to disc option that come up once you insert a disc, using Windows 7, no additional software needed. Will burn into folders and treat as albums when playing

Tried with Windows 10 mate, in fact that was the first method I tried. Which discs are you using mate?

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
If it contains the best of Rolf Harris and Val Doonican I promise I won't post anything about it on here.
One quick question. Are you sure there is no digital rights management on the music tracks and that they are definitively MP3, not windows media (wma) or iTunes aac formats? Any kind of DRM via iTunes or any other music vendor may screw things up.

Brianb

Jul 24, 2016
If it contains the best of Rolf Harris and Val Doonican I promise I won't post anything about it on here.
One quick question. Are you sure there is no digital rights management on the music tracks and that they are definitively MP3, not windows media (wma) or iTunes aac formats? Any kind of DRM via iTunes or any other music vendor may screw things up.

what he said^^

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016

Lol, good idea about sending you the discs. PM me address please.

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Apologies chaps I was wrong. Looking in the FAQ section. If you are a new user, you are temporarily restricted from posting in our For Sale section, adding a signature and making use of the private messaging system. This is to prevent new users abusing the forum, and/or rogue traders scammers from taking advantage of the forum members. Please ensure you take some time to read all of the FAQ/Rules part of the forum. Seems you need 15 days of membership and at least 15 posts to unlock the messaging system

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members