Leon navigation visibility question

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
I'm thinking about adding a navigation/multimedia screen in my MK2, but I am also looking into one of those aftermarket HUD sets that sit on top of the dash. The thing that bothers me is that navigation sits very low as opposed to other VW models. It seems like it would be very distracting looking all the way down during a ride because it's nowhere near center of the eyes vision. I know that even looking at the radio stations can be problematic so I was wondering if there are Leon MK2 users that have a nav. device installed and what are their experiences when using it while trying to find exits and roads.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
The sat nav instructions also come up on the MFD in my MK2, so you don't have to look at the main screen.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
I have an older 2008 model that doesn't have that feature, so that's why I was asking more or less.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I used mine on the head unit before I realised it was on the MFD. But to be fair I rarely use it, only had maps when I was first driving

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
It speaks out the directions as well.

Really not that distracting glancing at it, after all thats where the manufacturer decided to put it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.