Leon SE MFD (Trip Computer)

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Hi Everyone,

I've just ordered a SEAT Leon SE 2.0 TDI for my new company car and was wanting to know something.

I tried to get the Technology Pack for £500 but this did not apply to corporate customers, only retail and didnt want to pay full price.

The car is as standard as it comes with the Convenience Pack and Media System Plus added.

I was just wondering if the SE comes with a colour MFD in the UK as i've noticed on the specifications it states 3.5" Monochrome Drivers Display but no matter what models i've looked at in person these have all had the colour MFD so not too sure if the colour is standard or these are just spec'd up models.

Much appreciated,
Thanks

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I think the colour MFD only comes with the SatNav. The only time I've seen the monochrome screen Navigation was missing from the carousel menu.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
I have FR with Media System Plus and driver display is black and white. At first I also hoped that it will come color and was little bit disappointed when dealer said it will be monochrome, but now after month of using, it doesn't bother me, black and white is very eye friendly.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Damn, thanks guys.

Just wish the dealer would give me the tech pack for £500 :(

Does the black and white display still do the carousel through the different options.

E.g range, mpg, average speed, speed etc?

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
Information that you can display, is same as in color version, except information which is related to navigation, and I think there is no 3D effect. Don't worry, you won't miss it once you have touched the throttle, just select digital speed into this driver display and try not to exceed limits.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
I think it is, because despite the black and white driver display, touch screen graphics still looks better comparing to standard Media System Color. As this car is mainly used by my wife, I actually haven't had time to try all these media options. One thing that seems strange to me that I have found only manual equalizer in sound setup menu, can't find preconfigured equalizers like jazz, pop, rock etc.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.