Leon ST 184- smallest wheels that will fit? Older brochures too?

rock3g

Oct 28, 2016
Looking to switch from my 65 plate 150 TDI to a newer 184. Main attraction being the independent rear suspension but I also read it has bigger rear brakes. I currently have a spare set of 16's with winter tyres, will these fit onto the 184 estate or is it 17 and above?

Also, anywhere you can access the 2017 brochure for the ST? I did search but nothing came up..

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
16” wheels will fit as long as they have the correct PCD, centre bore (or spigot rings) and offset. Edit: coming from pre-FL Leon so they will definitely fit.

The front callipers/discs are the ones that you need to worry about as they will be larger than the rears.

If you have the 340mm front brake set up (this was fitted to the early 184 ps Octavia, but I don’t recall it on 184 ps Leon/ST), then some 17” wheels will squeeze on depending on offset/inner spoke design.

Cupra622

May 9, 2020
The 184 has the 312mm brakes up front, 17s are definately OK but not sure 16s will be.....

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Also bear in mind when downsizing wheel size, even if the wheel fits, if there’s limited clearance between the brake calipers and the wheel barrel, once wheel balance weight have been fitted, there may be a risk of the balance weights fouling on the calipers as the wheel rotates.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I have 300mm front brakes on my car with 16inch rims (not Seat) and visually there is still ample space between callipers and the inner rim...I'm not sure how dependent the rims and the size of Seat brake callipers are..but I would believe they would fit as there is still ample room at least in mine...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members