License plate lights

HeronFR

Mar 5, 2014
Newcastle
Just bought some LEDs and my only problem is I can't get the bloody covers off. Am I supposed to take out the entire light or just the clear cover? 'Cause both of them don't want to budge!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe the same as Polo, I would imagine so, if it is then you remove 2-off stainless steel self tapping screws and ease the lens/cover/bulb contact out using a small screwdriver - there is a cut out to indicate where to put the flat blade screwdriver in.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
I changed mine the other day and they came out fine! I used a screwdriver, you have to push the other side up in to the hole whilst pulling the inner side.

HeronFR

Mar 5, 2014
Newcastle
Haha nightmare isn't it mate. I've already a little nick on the paint from trying to get the whole thing off and gave up.

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
Just bought some LEDs and my only problem is I can't get the bloody covers off. Am I supposed to take out the entire light or just the clear cover? 'Cause both of them don't want to budge!

These are a right pain in the ar*e mate. It's best if you use two small flat screw drivers to release the clear plastic lens.

Personally I wouldn't bother with cheap LED's I've tried many over the last year and the Cree items are certainly the best...the best illumination and the last unlike the unsatisfactory LED's they don't fade and they last like a bulb should.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.