Locking Issue

Apr 13, 2021
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have a strange issue with the central locking on my 2008 Altea TDi

A few weeks ago while waiting in the car with the ignition key in, the locks operated on their own and the interior light came on. This happened a couple of times, then on driving away the auto locking did not operate until about 5 minutes later when driving at speed.
Today I parked up and when I removed the ignition key the doors did not unlock. Pulling the door release did nothing, and the key switch on the console also did nothing. I was able to unlock using the key.
I would be grateful for any advice as to what the issue might be?
BTW the n/s/r door handle doesnt operate from the outside but I assume this is a separate issue.

unclebob

Jul 22, 2009
Cant say for defo but sounds similar to my issue - the drivers door control unit or wiring to it sounds like its damaged.

when the control unit was not "talking" to the rest of the car, the central console to adjust mirrors, lock/unlock the car from inside etc stopped working.

If you have a VAG-COM see if there are any errors relating to communication faults with the drivers door control unit.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.