Look what just arrived on my doorstep

gfunk

yes, it's the 'Limited Edition' Leon 2.0 TFSI Sport. :D
IMG_0556.JPG

Will post more pics at a later... maybe after I've been for a spin tonight.

Never had a brand new car before so to say I'm a bit excited is an understatement.

greg

gfunk

Yeah, Tall Pall is correct. Because the Sports been replaced by the FR I guess it was a 'Limited Edition' of sorts.

It's really just my way of dealing with the fact that I'm not getting an FR, although I'm not too bothered as it sounds like it's got the same engine anyway.

ronnie939

I have just got back from the south of france in the girlfriends one, and they are excellent! hairpin bends, '000 ft drops.., no problems... 5 days and 2000 miles of pleasure:drool: .

Now I am back driving my mk1 and it feels so rubbish :cry: except for the power..lol:clap:

You will love the sport!.

gfunk

Thanks Ronnie, unfortunately can't drive it till I finish work but the wife keeps texting me reports as she's out in it as we speak. All good so far.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
TFSI sport, good choice mate ;) save the money over the FR while there are still some left ! I have a horrible feeling the FR's honeymoon period is going to be awfully short after the Cupra is unvieled next month, people may think twice about ordering an FR when the Cupra is has been dangled seductively in front of their noses...

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
You need the chrome mirrors now of course :D

It's interesting on colour choice, As a rule of thumb the manufacturer will show off the car in it's best colour in the brochure, hence 90% of the Leon's in the 2005/06 brochure being Black. But with the FR I reckon Black will look a bit muted as it won't emphasise the main differentiator between the FR & the rest of the range, which are the deep black inserts in the bumpers. So Seat have chosen to launch the FR in bright colours like Red & Yellow on the press photos to emphasise this.

VW did this with the Golf GTI where the most of the demo cars from memory were Red or white to emphasise the same sort of bumper inserts.

Last edited:

gfunk

Was it W J King Dan? If so it may well of been.

Service from then has been ok, they don't communicate very well to be honest and sent us the car with out fitting the ipod lead even though we had requested it 3 weeks prior. The parts department sent the wrong one but instead of telling us this and maybe delaying delivery for a day or two they just told us when it arrived.

Apart from that the drivethedeal experience was superb, just some mior gripe with the dealer but I've yet to use one that I've been 100% happy with.

Well chuffed with the car though so that's the main thing.

g

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members