Looking for advice

Dedrevil

Dec 19, 2019
Last week I took my 2.0 tdi fr+ to map-tech in brigg for a remap.
2 days before I scanned it to check for faults, none found.
They check it and P0403 came up, egr fault. Had the car 16 months so far no problems what so ever with it.
They cleared the code, n put it on the dyno, code didn't come back, they remapped it went from 170 bhp 380nm to 220bhp 466nm
Scanned after map no code came back.
Car feels brilliant after the remap, absolutely love the difference.
Wondering how can that fault come up with no symptoms...
Do you think I should just leave it and see what happens, get a new egr or at least get it terracleaned out.

t121anf

May 14, 2004
Mine had an intermittent EGR fault, engine light would randomly come on (usually when it was wet), took it to be diagnosed as SEAT after I had scanned it on a Chinese VAG-COM copy. Ended up with the whole EGR being replaced at SEATs expense.

Not happened since, if it was a one off I wouldn't worry, if it comes back get it scanned on VAG-COM and go from there.

Reactions: Dedrevil

Dedrevil

Dec 19, 2019
Thanks for the reply, it's confusing, I've had no lights up on my dash no loss of power, the remap hasn't brought owt up. Had a full service beginning of march, Went for a 180 mile drive on Monday and ragged the f**k out of it lol, i also put wynns gold diesel treatment in the tank to clean everything out.
I'll just keep scanning it every month or so ha and maybe stop worrying

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
You should have enough room if you take the lower turbo support off... the one that's got the oil return line built into it. I believe that's Seat's workshop procedure for that job on the CFJA engine.

Looks like it might be a bit awkward to do it without a lift though.

Dedrevil

Dec 19, 2019
Cool thanks for your responses, I'll get my mate to have a look at it soon. The car is running fine, since remap pulls like a train, I'm probably just worrying about nothing. But it'll be worth taking the egr n dpf out n give it a good clean.

Dedrevil

Dec 19, 2019
Remap results

Attachments

• 20210325_200921.jpg
    20210325_200921.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 78
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members