Loss of low down power on Seat Leon FR 184

webb204

May 19, 2015
Hi guys , just thought I would post this incase anyone else has the same issue , my FR184 was randomly loosing bottom end power /boost over the last few months , no faults ever showed up on VCDS ,or the Texa diagnostic ,s we have in my workshop, the car could be fine for a week , then loose power again ,and just feel slightly rough .
Anyway , to cut to the chase , I bit the bullet and bought a new boost control solenoid for £60 (I,m using the seat terminology for it , they also go under the name of N75 valve more commonly ) , it takes 2 minutes to fit and has transformed my car back to the beast it used to be 👍, my car only has 50k on it on a 16 plate , so it’s not as if it’s been to the moon and back , so if anyone have the same issue I would try this first .

Jan 21, 2022
Been over a year since this post but just curious how bad your power loss was? I'm getting random intermittent power loss in my 184 with absolutely zero fault codes and it's driving me mad! My power loss can be a gentle rev drop or it can feel like someone's pressed the brakes! Normally happens after I've given it some stick but not always? If anyone could help that'd be great!

Jan 19, 2023
Been over a year since this post but just curious how bad your power loss was? I'm getting random intermittent power loss in my 184 with absolutely zero fault codes and it's driving me mad! My power loss can be a gentle rev drop or it can feel like someone's pressed the brakes! Normally happens after I've given it some stick but not always? If anyone could help that'd be great!
Phatman like you this post has been gone for a while but did you get any fix for your fault? Sounds very similar to what mine is doing too

Feb 2, 2023
Phatman like you this post has been gone for a while but did you get any fix for your fault? Sounds very similar to what mine is doing too
I've got the same issue. Although mine has decided to flash the coil light and go into limp mode twice in the past week when trying to heavily accelerate.
Going to book it in to get looked at, i'll let you know what's said.

Reactions: SteveGSXR600K1
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise