Loss of pressure on washer jets

guyb

Anyone experienced only one side of the washer jets losing power?

The driver side is fine but the offside is dribbling.

Have taken the scuttle off to see if there is any blockage but there doesn't appear to have made a difference.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

PS the car is a 55 TDI with 138k on it. So wear and tear is expected!

guyb

That would have been my thoughts but having taken off the scuttle, removing the connecting pipe work and then testing with no washers I can rule out a blockage in that part. It's not frozen as it has been mild for a couple of days.

I ran through the pipework from scuttle to washer bottle and nothing obvious.

Could it be that the pump has just gotten old and less efficient?

Noel<>leoN

Oct 5, 2007
I just posted about the exact same problem- must have both been writing at the same time!

Mine's an 06 plate so similar age. Just stopped working abruptly- but in the exact way yours has. Left side tiny dribble, right side quite a powerful jet, but not the spray it used to be.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I had this and they replaced the washer jet on the near side under warranty. Been fine since.

guyb

Thanks for the replies - will buy a new pump, washer jet and return valve and report which one worked!

Noel<>leoN

Oct 5, 2007
In case it helps anyone, I've just put this update on my similar thread:

"Quick update: stuck a pin in the gap and wiggled it around a bit, scraped side to side etc.Seems to have pretty much resolved it- drivers side good as new, passenger side produces a good jet, just not a mist. Cleans the windscreen though, that's all that matters!"

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=369614

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise