lower bumper grill/ deer strike

teds1969

Jul 27, 2007
hello, i own a 2017 FR model and i had the unfortunate event of hitting a deer this morning. Damage not to bad, just the lower grill damaged.
Is this part replaceable or do you have to get a whole new bumper? Also the front assist is now not working. Is this an expensive fix?
Any help appreciated thanks

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The plastic grille trim is not too expensive to fix - just clipped in and no painting required.

If the FA radar is damaged then could be quite expensive, however, probably just needs to be recalibrated - £150-300 depending upon where you take it. Most VW/Audi group dealers should now have this equipment.

teds1969

Jul 27, 2007
The plastic grille trim is not too expensive to fix - just clipped in and no painting required.

If the FA radar is damaged then could be quite expensive, however, probably just needs to be recalibrated - £150-300 depending upon where you take it. Most VW/Audi group dealers should now have this equipment.
Can the lower grille be fitted with bumper in place or does it need to come off the car?

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
hello, i own a 2017 FR model and i had the unfortunate event of hitting a deer this morning. Damage not to bad, just the lower grill damaged.
Is this part replaceable or do you have to get a whole new bumper? Also the front assist is now not working. Is this an expensive fix?
Any help appreciated thanks
On the plus side, venison for dinner every night for a month!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
My wife won't buy venison...its dead dear :LOL:.
th-2487873338.jpg

Reactions: Yern

teds1969

Jul 27, 2007
Just to update. The lower grille just clips in and there is no need to remove bumper. I also had to fit a new cradle for the front assist unit as was damaged. Whilst driving around prior to repair I had the warning of front assist unavailable however upon refit of said unit it recalibrated after 2 miles of dual carriageway driving. The dealership informed me if it did not recalibrate it would cost £399 to do this

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.