Lowering Height

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Hi

I'm gonna purchase some new springs and shocks from Jackson Tuning, but i don't know whether to to get the 40/40 kit or the 60/40. There are alot of bumps round my area and wondered if the 60/40 would still get over the bumps? Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Rich

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Roelich with the black magic mk2 GTi vavler is running 60/40 (60 being the rear) and his scrapes at the back when going over deep bumps and on the motorway (especially when somone is in the back).

Something to note though is that he is running 17" wheels. If you are running 16" wheels then it should be fine.

Mat

if it's anything like th eMk3, you would probably want the lower spings on the front!

I'll get a pic of mine after I did mine 40/40

Mat

Before
DSC00260.jpg

After
DSC00408.jpg

as you can see, the front doesn't seemed to have dropped as much as the rear

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
As long as i know it isn't gonna scrape on bumps then ill order it and i will post pics once i have fitted it.

Cheers for your help Jib

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
You did two posts in the time it took me to do one Mat @ SWS lol. Yeah my front height at the moment seems to be really high which is why i was thinking bout the 60/40 kit, plus i think on the site the Jackson Tuning bloke reckons you can slightly adjust the rear height, so i could change the rear slightly if need be.

Mat

I'd say 40/60 bud. should make it look even both front and back then ;)

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Is that 60 front or back? I'm getting confused now Jackson Tuning state 60/40 with 60 being the front height, but Jib put it round the other way. Which is the correct way of doing it lol?

Mat

i'd say drop rear 40 and front 60.

I don't own a mk2, or ever have had a mk2, so i aint no expert, but if its pretty much the same as the mk3, that's what i'd go for ;)

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
That's probably what i will go for then cheers for your help Mat @ SWS and Jib. I'll order it and once i have fitted it i will post pics.

Rich

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
As i said before he mentions on the site that the rear are slightly adjustable so the 60/40 kit will go to either 60/50 or 60/60 so i could balance the rear out. I just wanted to make sure that a 60 drop won't have me hitting bumps or scraping on anything.

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
i did my valver 40/40 but i wish id gone 60/40 and i remember a certain 8v sitting very high at the front. you might also want to get new top mounts dude, they are 12 years old now a set will problem tighten it up abit more. and if it was me, bottom arms for around £20each with bushes and ball joints, then you know its all sweet.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Yep go 60/40 aswell. Thats what mine is lowered and it sits perfect!! :p! Im running 195/50/15's and the front arch sits just above the top of the tyre. I can just get my hand flat on top of the tyre! Abit of advice tho, when these cars have standard suspension the front is 20mm higher than the back due to engine weight etc so lowering it 60/40 brings it level.

You can get over speed bumps lowered 60/40, but very slowly, well i have too!! :p!! the fronts only catch if i hit a bad bump/pothole/drain cover in the road.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Id go 60/40.iv gone 40 all round and my front is way to high!the back is purfect,i have no rubbing and speed bumps arnt realy a problem!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise