Lowering ideas?

niallmcc

Jun 28, 2015
hey people..new to the site and also to the leon scene. bought myself a black 1.9 tdi with cupra r kit. 2003 with fsh and mechanically sound. few little bits and pieces id like to tidy like...

-broken mudguard
-fog light needs replaced
-worn gearknob and gater
-new back box

car has been lowered by 60mil all round on springs. as soon as i saw the car it was the first thing i wanted to change. want to install coilovers/springs but unsure what to go for. looking for a comfy ride with nice look to it but not on the floor. a little lower at the front ideally for a nice stance. have around a £200 budget for this.

anyone with a tdi that has any pictures of 30/40 spring set up or 40/50 set up? please share.

thanks guys!

cuprajim92

Jun 26, 2015
You won't get a comfy ride with coilovers you will get quite the opposite your best off with springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuprajim92

Jun 26, 2015
Well I have pro sport coils on mine and think there alright or you could try fk's as for JOM there cheap and nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arb79

Old but never too old
Oct 18, 2010
Northamptonshire
Ok cool thanks...
What kind of dampers should I look at? Budget isn't massive as want to refresh bushes but not with Powerflex...too stiff apparently

arb79

Old but never too old
Oct 18, 2010
Northamptonshire
Fair one must be 30mm then. 54 Lcr budget around £250

Need money spare to also change bushes all around

Last edited:

arb79

Old but never too old
Oct 18, 2010
Northamptonshire
Right Damian mate sorry to be a pain but think after some advice I'm gonna go with just springs mate as only 68000 so current Oem shocks should be ok...

Any ideas on which springs with about a 50mm drop and ok for comfort...

Cheers mate Andy

Damian @ DPM

DPM Performance
Forum Sponsor
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.