Lowering on my toledo

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Ok, my toledo currently looks like this:

pgn_6_7m.jpg

It needs lowered, but i would prefer the ride not to much firmer at all.

Im contimplating coilovers or a suspension kit say approx 40mm i think will look good.

Now im looking for the best ride, and for a nice height and i am wanting to keep the price under £500 what would people recoment, alot of people say FK, but i cant find them on the net. I had avo coilovers on my last car and they were rock hard, so im not sure if i want to go back to them.

john11

have you tryed Bilstein they do a Sprintline Suspension Kit thats lowerd by about 40mm www.europerformance.co.uk do them for £425 quid:D

and can i ask where did you get them alloys from and what size or they[B)]

Last edited by a moderator:

john11

£560 with tyres:wtf: **** i payed £940 quid for mine from halfords

Last edited by a moderator:

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I'd go for coilies in case 40mm is too much.

I tried 18" Golf 4Motion alloys on my car yesterday and I can barely turn without them rubbing, thats with 50mm lowerage.

16" Rims fit my car perfect, and thats what I'll be going for when I get them, also means I won't need to pay over the score for a decent set of tyres when the time comes!

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
stuart_hatch said:
It needs lowered, but i would prefer the ride not to much firmer at all.

i am wanting to keep the price under £500 what would people recoment

If you can stretch an extra £50 i got Eibach pro kit from Awesome for around 550.....the ride is not too firm and IMO it looks the muts. The website says the drop is around 40mm. :)
Toledoflip.jpg

front.jpg

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
By looking at that side pic, your car doesen't look a lot higher than mines... but my splitter is like 2cm from hitting the ground!

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Sam20v said:
If you can stretch an extra £50 i got Eibach pro kit from Awesome for around 550.....the ride is not too firm and IMO it looks the muts. The website says the drop is around 40mm. :)
Toledoflip.jpg

front.jpg

Hmm that dosnt really look much differnt than the height of mine, or it just because im used to the height of my old car:

Oh and chris i think it might be because he has a sideskirt
:p

Polo%20021.jpg

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
stuart_hatch said:
Oh and chris i think it might be because he has a sideskirt
:p

Thats it!

Sam's a chick btw ;) (At least I think she is, please don't be offended Sam if your not!)

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
Nathanio said:
I think if you lower it though your gonna see problems with those alloys and the wheel arches.

The alloys really can't do anything for your ride but do look sweet :p

Ohh and like irony under your name ;)
i think that with the right offset on your alloy rims and the correct low frofile of tyres, i dont see what shoud stop you from going as low as 40mm on 18 inches alloys.

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
I think im gona go for some fk coilovers, the ride mayb harsher but i can set it to the height i want and not be disapointed with the spring kit.

As for the irony, this bling is comming from savings, earning a crap wage and student loan and student overdraft :S

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
CHR15B said:
Thats it!

Sam's a chick btw ;) (At least I think she is, please don't be offended Sam if your not!)

hahah i am a chick, well last time i checked :p

when i changed my original suspension, i didnt think there was much difference at all. but that was cos my suspension was totally shot!! perhaps 17" wheels are a little too small. spoke to a few peeps and they suggested that i would really find the ride hard with lowering springs and 18". let us know what you go for and remember Pwease show us your piccies!!!:)

Hey stuart....I was a student one, and once you graduate......watch the pennies roll in bud!!!!

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Well ive just ordered some fk coilovers from the ukmkiv's forum, should have them in a few weeks :)

Anyone know how to get this bloody condinsation out of the headlamp with out removing it (hell no am i taking that bumper off again)

pgn_11_2m.jpg

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Remove the indicator bulb and point a heat gun or hair dryer in there?

I had to do it to my Ibiza!

Your SLR brings out the true colour of the car really well Stu! I likes!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.