Lowering Springs/Camber bolts

Neaky290

Feb 7, 2019
I am shortly going to be lowering our FR184 with the Eibach 45/40mm springs but a friend has suggested I will need camber bolts to stop excessive tyre wear.
Is this correct?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
It will be okay. I would be more concerned about wear rate on the OE dampers. If they are not already dead then lowering to that extent will finish them off.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
A good matched spring and shock set is as good as anything.

Coilovers give you adjustability of ride height. Generally though coilovers are set and left at that height so if a shock and spring combo gives you the height you desire then i would just opt for that, would be more comfortable.

45/50mm is quite a drop.

AP is at your lower end for coilovers (made by KW)
Weitec is mid range (again made by KW)
Then you have KW, i have had 2 sets of KW’s before and they are very good but again very pricey.

Neaky290

Feb 7, 2019
A good matched spring and shock set is as good as anything.

Coilovers give you adjustability of ride height. Generally though coilovers are set and left at that height so if a shock and spring combo gives you the height you desire then i would just opt for that, would be more comfortable.

45/50mm is quite a drop.

AP is at your lower end for coilovers (made by KW)
Weitec is mid range (again made by KW)
Then you have KW, i have had 2 sets of KW’s before and they are very good but again very pricey.
I'd not considered a spring and shock set.
I was told that with the FR being lower from the factory that going for 45/50 would only lower it by 30/35 anyway

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
It’s all about personal taste

If i were in your shoes i would go Eibach Pro kit and an uprated shock to match. They are a subtle drop and retain good road comfort.

Then again it all depends how low you want to go. I guess i’m getting on a bit so for me super lows and coilovers are for track. Sensible lows and comfort are for the street. IMO obviously.

Reactions: Neaky290

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
No need for Camber bolts, there is enough adjustment on the rear to sort the camber out back to factory.

Front camber can't be adjusted, however lowering won't give you more camber than what the Cupra R's run from factory anyway.

Sjdickso

Apr 21, 2005
I have found out the previous owner of mine (just bought myself) had racing line springs put on, i think its a nice stance but also ride isnt harsh or too crashy, I had a previous car on 40mm Apex on blistein dampers i thought my spine had been compressed even going over a pebble.

IMG_20200807_193816.jpg